For voice over users on djay pro AI for Mac. Selecting sorting options in the songs list?

while I’m in the songs table list I can not seem to select any of the sorting options.
Does anybody know how I can do this with the voice Over screen reader?
Maybe there can be a keyboard shorcut created to toggle sorting track options and moving tracks up and down within a playlist.

Thanks,
Roman-J.

Hi @Roman,

Thanks for reaching out about sorting using VoiceOver on djay Pro AI for Mac. I’ll be happy to help.

I’ll explain step by step first how to choose which metadata columns are displayed in your music library. Using Voiceover, navigate to the main music library table where the tracks in a playlist are listed. Then do the following:

1. To enter into the library table area and go into one of the table cells, use VO (Ctrl + Optn) + Shift + Down arrow.
  2. To go from here into the metadata title bar, use VO + Shift + . VoiceOver should say “sort button, in headers” when you’ve reached the correct table area.
  3. Use VO + Shift + M to “right-click” the metadata title bar, which brings up a list of metadata columns to show or not show in the music library.
  4. Use the Up and Down arrows to navigate through the list. To select one of these in order to show/hide it in djay, use VO + Spacebar.

Next, to sort the columns by any of these metadata columns, while you are in the metadata title bar, navigate to the column you wish to sort by using VO + Right or Left Arrows. Once on the desired column, select it by using VO + Spacebar. This will sort the tracks in the library by that metadata column (e.g., by Title, Artist, BPM, Key, etc.).

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance with this!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.