Forcing me to pay subscription to use controller?

I had been using my DDJ-SB2 happily with my iPad Pro and djay for years now. Yesterday, after a reset of the iPad, I plugged my iPad in and got a dialogue box that said “please upgrade to djay Pro to use this controller” that then sent me to the monthly/annual subscription screen. I attempted to “restore purchases” and while it gave me a success dialogue, the issue didn’t go away.

I’ve never had to do this in the past. Has your company insidiously removed the ability to use hardware controllers unless you have a subscription? Have you guys become worse than Pioneer?

Hi there. If you had a previous subscription, you would not have an issue. You need to understand that this is a company that is producing a piece of software that we all make use of to earn money. In order for them to produce such an excellent piece of program, it is essential that they raise capital to do so. This is why, there is a subscription.

This is the only way that they can generate revenue so yes, if you want to use a controller, you have to get a subscription.

How else do you think the company makes money? The annual subscription rate is very fair for what you get.

1 Like

Check this out…

Or maybe this…

https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&category=360000876292&query=I+previously+purchased+an+older+version+of+djay+

This would be fine if it was clearly stated that I will now have to pay for a feature I didn’t have to pay for before. I checked all release notes over the past year with nothing pointing at us needing to pay the subscription to use a controller. What’s insidious is to swiftly update or change the app and force payment for a feature without alerting people of it.

The annual subscription is just fine, if it was clearly stated that I will now have to pay for a feature I didn’t have to pay for before. I checked all release notes over the past year with nothing pointing at us needing to pay the subscription to use a controller. What’s insidious is to swiftly update or change the app and force payment for a feature without alerting people of it.

Hi @Adi,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the djay community!

We apologize for this experience and would like to further assist you in this situation.

Can you confirm whether or not you are using a legacy unlock for djay Pro AI, or have you had an active Pro Subscription during this time?

Additionally, I would like to point to our FAQ which states that in order to access the complete list of supported controllers for djay, a Pro Subscription is required.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.