Free version of djay not working with Hercules Inpulse 300 mk2

• Device model: MacBook Pro
  • Version of operating system: Sonoma 14.2.1
  • Version of djay: 5.1.3 (Djay Pro downloaded from App Store 3/9/24)
  • Hardware/controllers used: Hercules Inpulse 300 mk2

I have searched the forums and do not see this exact question, so my apologies if I missed it in my search. The Hercules Inpulse 300 mk2 is listed as one of the controllers that is natively supported for djay (DJ Controllers, DJ Mixers and other DJ Accessories | Algoriddim). However, when I plug the controller, the djay software detects it, but tells me I need to unlock all of the “pro features.” The controller buttons initially light up, then go dark. I am not able to use play button, cue button, etc.

Does that mean that the Hercules Inpulse 300 mk2 although natively supported, does not work with the free version? Do I have to purchase the paid version for it to work?

Thank you in advance for any insight!

Hi @rr1528,

Only the following licensed controllers are supported in the Free djay version on macOS:

• Pioneer DDJ-WeGO4
  • Pioneer DDJ-200
  • Pioneer DDJ-400
  • Reloop Beatpad
  • Reloop Beatpad 2
  • Reloop Mixtour
  • Reloop Mixon 4
  • Reloop Mixon 8 Pro
  • Reloop Buddy
  • Reloop Ready
  • Reloop RMX95
  • Hercules DJControl Mix
  • The Next Beat by TiĂ«sto
1 Like

Thank you so much for clarifying! I appreciate it

You’re welcome @rr1528.

Hi all- I have a paid version of DJay Pro AI. I just received my new Hercules Inpulse 300MK2 and plugged it in and it is not “plug and play” for me.

The controller lights for up a second then goed dark. And on DJay Pro it asks me if I want to manually configure the MIDI, which I don’t.

Please note: This new Inpulse 300MK is replacing an old Inpulse 300MK2 that I borrowed from a friend and have been using for the past year with no issue. I was able to plug and play.

Why is my new controller not automatically getting configured so I can plug and play?

I’m using same laptop, same DJay Pro software same USB cables that come with the Hercules controller—everything same. Just using a brand new controller.

I still have the old controller and can plug it in and everything works and it connects easily to DJay Pro and is already configured.

Help! I don’t know how to troubleshoot this.

Hi! I have a paid version of DJay Pro AI. I just received my new Hercules Inpulse 300MK2 and plugged it in and it is not “plug and play” for me.

The controller lights for up a second then goed dark. And on DJay Pro it asks me if I want to manually configure the MIDI, which I don’t.

Please note: This new Inpulse 300MK is replacing an old Inpulse 300MK2 that I borrowed from a friend and have been using for the past year with no issue. I was able to plug and play.

Why is my new controller not automatically getting configured so I can plug and play?

I’m using same laptop, same DJay Pro software same USB cables that come with the Hercules controller—everything same. Just using a brand new controller.

I still have the old controller and can plug it in and everything works and it connects easily to DJay Pro and is already configured.

Help! I don’t know how to troubleshoot this
[/quote]

Hi @Parisa_Parnian, please provide more details about your setup:

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  1. Are you using the free version of djay or an active paid subscription?
  2. Can you please confirm if the old controller is MK1 or MK2.
  3. Please also confirm if the new controller is MK1 or MK2.
  4. Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Hercules (https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djcontrolinpulse300mk2-en/)?