Harmonic key mixing with visible aid

It’s been a while that I’ve shared my suggestion here but nothing happened yet, not even with the latest update. I’m talking about key matching features like in VDJ, Rekordbox and Traktor. If you pick a track in VDJ it shows you other tracks in your playlists which keys are close to the one you’ve loaded into the deck, by showing a circle with a hook in it. If the track matches perfectly the circle and the hook are showing up in bright white, if the key is close but not exactly in the same key they are dimmed. This function is like using the Camelot wheel without having to take a look at it or memorize it. I hope you get what I mean.

I know what you’re referring to (it’s a tick, not a hook) but the Camelot Wheel system isn’t hard to understand.

Okay, so it’s a tick not a hook :smiley: Anyways I know the Camelot wheel isn’t hard to understand, still it would make harmonic mixing much easier to see compatible tracks at a glance. I like this feature in VDJ but I would prefer to use DJay Pro

Hi @Andreas_Haase1,

Thanks for the suggestion!

I’ve made sure the team is aware of this feature suggestion and will update this thread with any new info that comes in.

Have a nice weekend!

1 Like

"Yes, I support this 100%. It will be a very helpful functionality for quickly making informed decisions about harmonic mixing. :notes:

All former Traktor (and VDJ) users know how easy and useful this feature can be. It’s a no-brainer if you ask me. :+1:

The suggestion has even already been explained in detail in this forum before, but unfortunately, it was closed because Algoriddim closes all user suggestions 30 days after the last reply.

1 Like

That is a cool thing to have.

1 Like

Thanks @Michael_Android !

That’s an understatement! It’s so cool it makes ice cubes look like they’re on fire. It’s the Rolls-Royce of radness! :grin:

1 Like

Yes, and now that the original thread is closed we can no longer vote on it. So I have voted here. But the two threads should be merged, including their votes.

2 Likes

@nso I have reopening the original topic. In the future you can simply send me a DM to reopen topics that have automatically closed due to inactivity. Thanks!

2 Likes

Vote for this also!

There is a “Match” section but it says only for streaming services. I think this should be available for Local Music or LIbrary.
Ideally based on the current track, it shows the songs with similar BPM and KEY according to the user setting. This would be really cool and ability to make a quick informed decision for the next track.

1 Like

I haven’t used the Mac’s Djay app for a while and I just noticed a “match” option and you can select which music source to use.

From MacOS

but in iOS it only reads it from the streaming services.
I believe this should be an easy implementation for the iOS (I hope) as it is the same logic as the desktop version.

1 Like

I would like to see this as well. Suggested it to them a few years ago. Would help immensely

2 Likes