Has Rane MP2015 been tested and confirmed compatible on iOS?

Have you had a look here?

Yes, see above, it’s a bit confusing as firmware is provided (I think) as part of the Control Panel download, not separately. It’s then hard to tell whether you’re on latest or not if you just open the control panel on a laptop. Better to have hard confirmation that I’ve got the same version as the devs here if possible, I’d like to remove variables.

Hi @mikeb187, I’ve reached out to the engineering team to confirm their setup and firmware version. It’s a holiday in Germany so, I don’t expect to hear back until tomorrow at the earliest. Thanks!

@Slak_Jaw thanks I’ll wait for an update on that.

Today I went and bought a brand new camera adapter from an Apple Store and they pointed out the other one I had showed some damage on the connector, so I was really hopeful this was the cause of the problem. No such luck unfortunately. Let me summarise my findings so far:

• Problem manifests with two different adapters, including this brand new one, so it’s not that
  • Likewise it happens with the iPad or my wife’s iPhone, so don’t think it’s the device
  • The mixer manual confirms the USB port is 2.0 not 3.0
  • I have two leads, the one supplied with the Phase marked “High Speed USB2.0” and the one that came with the MP2015 which ought to work although unmarked. Again, the problem exists with both.
  • From my laptop, djay Pro, Traktor and Serato all work fine with the MP2015 using either lead, strong evidence that there is nothing wrong with the leads or the mixer itself I would say
  • All the simple apps (GarageBand, ReasonStudios Figure and Launchpad) output audio to channels 1/2 and there’s no clicking
  • BUT, with Remixlive I get the intermittent clicking on the master output soon as I open the app, unresponsive UI, no sound

So, this is not limited to djay Pro (thanks again @PKtheDJ for those app suggestions - as an unrelated aside I couldn’t get any audio output from Soundforest even with the iPad on its own so gave up with that).

I can’t help feeling this is a software problem given how things work ok from Windows. The only other possibility is a fault with the mixer but this seems highly unlikely given things work from the laptop. Whatever it is it’s common between djay and Remixlive, but that doesn’t mean to say it’s not software related. I guess this could potentially be an iOS/iPadOS problem with the built-in drivers for class compliant multichannel devices, but if your devs are saying things work fine for them with an MP2015 then that rules that idea out too.

If my Reloop Flux worked for DVS then I’d just use that and have done with it, but the latency issue there with the unknown time to fix means that’s not viable. My frustration level is high right now, feels like a bad roll of the dice with the tech to say the least, I have two interfaces that are supposed to be supported (the Flux is class compliant after all) but still stuck. Any further help or suggestions would be super welcome.

Thanks for the additional info @mikeb187. Very strange behavior indeed. I can’t think of anything else to suggest, but have forwarded this additional information to the engineering team to see if that helps them to replicate the issue on their end. I’ll report back when I hear from them. Thanks!

Many thanks, I’ll keep fingers crossed they can come up with something. Any news on the firmware version?

The only other thing I can think to try is to locate another example of an MP2015 to check if it shows the same problem but that’s tough to do.

You’re welcome. No news on the firmware request. I share news when I get it.

1 Like

Hi @mikeb187,

1. Our Unit has Firmware Version V1.3.1
  2. The team has still not been able to reproduce this issue, so it seems to be something very specific to your particular setup.

Hi @Slak_Jaw thanks for that info re the version, that opened the way for me to fix the problem!

Searching around for a way to update to the same v1.3.1 firmware as your devs led me to look again at the Rane downloads page. It turns out that Rane Control Panel v2.4.0 is not the latest, actually there is a v2.5.0 but it’s mislabelled as being MacOS-only. I downloaded it onto my wife’s Mac and found it contains both Mac and Windows installers. Once installed, it offered to update my mixer firmware from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0. While still not the latest 1.3.1 version (I’ve opened a support ticket with Rane asking them for that) it seems this update has got things working fine now with the iPad, which is great.

Meanwhile I think I’ve found a method of making the Reloop Flux work consistently without the latency issue, so on a roll here today. I’ll post something separate on that once I’m sure of the behaviour.

2 Likes

You’re welcome @mikeb187. That’s great news. Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.