Have DJAY 1. Now I have to pay for DJAY 2?

I have the same question?

No free upgrade? Very disappointing. I payed 16 Euro for Version 1, and now I have no free upgrade? I will not pay the full price again for the new version!

Free update for the users who bought the previous version!!!

Quit whining, seriously. You’re complaining about 20 dollars for an app that will give you hours of entertainment. If you don’t want to pay no-one is forcing you. Why should the developers give you unlimited updates for free?

Going to ignore Mark’s reply above as he seems way too angry about having to spend 20 bucks even if it’s “fking nothing” to him apparently.

Andy, I appreciate your situation, it can’t be easy, but, I would say that you can still use DJay 1 for your internet DJing right? You don’t have to pay to upgrade to version 2 if you really can’t afford it.

I’m frustrated with this discussion, do people get annoyed with Microsoft or Adobe for their software upgrade paths?

You could say that Office or Photoshop are professional products whereas DJay is a “toy”, but then they’re priced as such. PC and console games are also “toys”, are you suggesting that the makers of Call of Duty should only charge once and then give everyone free upgrades for life?

I use this awesome programme for sometimes 10, 12 hours at a time. it never let’s me down, never crashes, never misses a beat. If one of the programmers called me up tomorrow to ask for £30 to buy champagne to drink in his Porsche, I’d sent the cheque next day. Stop moaning, start playing.

wow lol

You guys are ridiculous… If you don’t like it, don’t use it. There are other free alternatives out there. If the other alternatives won’t satisfy your “needs” than you needs to spend money on an upgrade to get what you need OR just continue to use the version you have.

Mark’s street cred = “fking nothing”

It’s pretty simple, if you can’t afford it, don’t use it. If the FREE alternatives do not suit your needs, than you need to buy something that does - OR use the existing setup you have.

Boo Hoo…

No, they don’t have to support the new versions of iOS, they don’t have to give you technical support, and they don’t have to continue deliver updates or bug fixes.
THEY DO HAVE TO ENABLE DOWNLOAD OF THE VERSION WHICH YOU PAID FOR INITIALLY.
This is what Waves Audio and Native Instruments are doing.

I am furious and if I won’t get a satisfying reply I intend on recruiting users like myself and file a class action law suite.

Amir Harel

*Look me up on LinkedIn if u wanna discuss this.

Sorry but I disagree.
We are not asking four new features - but simply for the version we initially paid for.
And if anything - algoriddim should treat us with more respect as we were the first to adopt their app. and in those days not a lot of apps had a price tag of 20$.
and If im not wrong it was more then 20$ at full price and thats what I plaid (30 or 40, don’t remember). see my comment above.

I could’t agree more with this:
“we have to charge an upgrade fee at some point, if we want to continue doing so. We hope you understand.”

Having said that, I personally already paid for those features when I bought Traktor for iPad, and yes - I felt like an idiot when they were giving it away for free, but that’s fair business.

IMO - You should at least enable users to download the old version which they paid for, especially since this platform (iOS apps) is known to be cloud based.
If you don’t have the possibility to deliver the first version on the app store - then you should give the new version as a free upgrade (and if you’d like - block all new features so effectively it’ll be djay1, and no - djay LE is not like djay 1).

This is fair practice in the industry and that’s the exact policy you’ll see from Native Instruments and from Waves Audio (and probably more companies).

I for one am not intending on even looking at any algoriddim application whether it’s for the Mac or for iOS.
Furthermore - I intend on digging through the first version’s EULA and SLA as well as through Apple’s terms and conditions.
I think that there’s a cause for a class action law suite, you have probably over then a thousand users who paid for a product which you just taken away from them.

Amir

Warren- you should post you last comment in huge higher case letters, this is all a big misunderstanding then.
U have every right to sale Djay2 for whatever price since you’ve added lots of new features, which is a lot programming and design work.

Amir

Say for yourself Yaren.
Update should be free. All the new features are buggy.
BTW they didn’t fix old issues… Tell me now what kind of company is taking money for something that’s not finished?
Djay 1 was not so buggy as 2 and worked better with idj pro.
Why they are not listening to users, why they didn’t fix bugs that are from djay 1?
Why they are not answering for questions?
It looks like they don’t care. It was greedy move.
So maybe now they will fix all issues and they will give you djay 3 for next payment.
New features? Who needs something that you can’t use properly?
They could do in-app purchases

I agree.
You put a lot of new features but you forgot to fix old ones.
It’s ok to take money for new app, but if app is properly working.
Am I right?
I don’t care about 5£ but I have idj pro and can’t use all features from description (IMO app is not like they are saying).
I’m pissed off because they know about the issues for a long time (11 months) and they are doing nothing with that.
I didn’t buy djay2 to have new features (in djay 2.1 still buggy) I thought I’m buying new app with fixed issues from older version.
When I checked it I just realised there are the same bugs like in djay 1 …
Sorry … Even more because of new features :slight_smile:
It’s a forum and everybody can say his opinion.

I bought it over a year ago but I can’t find it in my (hidden) purchases list!

I bought it in the Dutch Apple Store, could that be a reason?