Help Setting Up Speakers/Headphones/Microphone

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• MacBook Air 2022 M2
  • macOS Sonoma 14.5
  • Version of djay: 5.2 Pro
  • Hardware/controllers used: Pioneer DDJ FLX4; Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2 Two-Channel Audio Interface; Rode NT1 XLR mic with XLR Female to 1/4" TS Mono Adapter.

Your question:

Hello,
I’m trying to get my gear set up so that I can have access to master out to speakers, cueing to headphones, and mic input but when I select my Rode mic in the setup menu, it automatically changes to my “MacBook Air Speakers” as soon as I click “Apply.” Any help I can get with setting up my hardware and software would be appreciated. Speakers are currently running from Komplete Kontrol Interface, mic and headphones running out of the Pioneer FLX4.

Kindly,
Manny

The first problem I can see here is that the Rode mic needs phantom power, which it won’t get if you have a mono 1/4" jack on the other end.

The second is why you have the speakers connected to the Audio 2 and headphones to the FLX4.

When using DJ controllers like the FLX4 the standard setup is to connect the speakers and the headphones to the same unit. It’s designed to be used this way, plus it avoids setup issues and differences in config, drivers and latency between different devices.

You’ll need a standard dynamic mic for the FLX 4, that doesn’t require phantom power.

2 Likes