Help with djay Pro 5 Automix Transition and UI Changes

• Device model MacBook Air M1
  • Version of operating system *(e.g. macOS 12.6.5
  • Version of djay 5.17

I recently upgraded from djay Pro 4 to djay Pro 5 on macOS, and I’m struggling with a few changes, hoping someone here can help me out.

1. Automix Transition: In djay Pro 4, I was able to easily choose the transition for Automix from a menu/dropdown. However, in djay Pro 5, it seems like I have to go into the settings to change the Automix transition. Does anyone know of a quicker way to change the transition without diving into the settings every time? This change is really messing with my workflow.
  2. Crossfader FX: Is it just me, or is it not possible to use the crossfader FX while Automix is on in djay Pro 5? I used to rely on this feature quite a bit and can’t seem to figure it out in the new version.
  3. UI Changes - Missing Arrows: I’ve also noticed that the arrows between Deck 1 and Deck 2 are gone in my UI. These were super useful for me, and now I can’t find them. Did they move them somewhere, or are they removed altogether?

I really hate it when an upgrade messes with the workflow I’ve grown accustomed to. Any tips or workarounds would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @teddit,

1. Automix: I don’t have access to a Mac at the moment, but on both iOS and Windows, there is an Automix dropdown menu available when you are in the Automix Mode.

2. CFX & Missing Arrows : Yes, you can use CFX when using Automix. When CFX is turned ON within the popup menu, these transitions will take priority over the transition you’ve set in the Automix settings. The small arrows on either side of the crossfader have been replaced with the Mix Now button at the bottom of the CFX popup menu.

Please note that there are some additional CFX settings to be aware of in Settings>General>CROSSFADER FX

Here’s a video walkthrough of CFX as well:

Hello! It’s been more than 10 days since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!