Hercules Inpulse 300 Mk2 knob calibration issue

Hello everyone,

I’m reaching out for some assistance with an issue I’m experiencing with my Hercules Inpulse 300 Mk2 controller while using it with Algoriddim DJ Pro on my iPad.

There appears to be a calibration issue with all the knobs on the controller. When I adjust any knob (such as the master volume), the actual effect only kicks in after the knob has been turned about 15%. For example, when I decrease the volume, it cuts off abruptly when there’s still 15% of the turn left on the knob. Conversely, when increasing the volume from zero, nothing happens until the knob is about 15% turned, at which point the volume comes in abruptly, creating a non-linear and abrupt response, rather than a smooth transition.

I’ve tried checking for any software settings in DJ Pro that might affect this but found none. There’s a “Pickup Mode” setting under “Advanced Control Configuration” which sounds like it might be related to what I’m experiencing, but turning this feature on/off on any knob has no effect. It’s also off by default in the built-in MIDI mapping so I don’t believe this is it.

Again, please note that this issue is present in every knob in the controller: master volume, headphones, filter, eq, effect depth, and effect beat. The faders don’t seem to have this issue.

Could this possibly be an problem with the controller itself, or is there something I could do on DJ Pro to fix it?

*** EDIT ***
I just tried DJUCED on my Windows computer and I have the same problem, so I guess the issue is the controller :sob:. I didn’t want to have to deal with returning it as I just got it yesterday and was super excited to use it. I’ll try to see if there’s a way to update the firmware on it. Any ideas on anything else I should try?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @jcalpha, sorry to hear that. This definitely sounds like a hardware issue. Yes, I’d look for a firmware update from Hercules. Also, try contacting Hercules tech support to see if they have any suggestions before returning it.

Thanks for the reply.

I also have a Mac and I installed DJUCED on it. I Installed the latest drivers which seems to be the only option for end users. However, the issue persists on the Mac, so at this point I’m pretty certain it’s a hardware problem.

I reached out to Hercules and they asked me to record a video showing the behavior “so that [they] may offer an appropriate solution.” I recorded the video and will send it to them, but I’m convinced the problem is the controller.

Amazon is sending me a replacement and they’re letting me keep this unit while the other one is on the way. I’m interested to see what Hercules has to say, but I’m still sending this unit back.

You’re welcome @jcalpha. Really sounds like a hardware problem. Glad to hear Amazon is already sending a replacement.

For anyone interested/curious about this, here’s a video showing the issue: https://youtu.be/4mh_BS-I0tc?si=Nagmt7ZCI4sCHH2Z

@Slak_Jaw For completion purposes, I just wanted to let you know that I received a replacement unit from Amazon today and it has the very same problem. I’m thinking this is maybe a quality control issue, or perhaps there’s a batch of these units that are defective. It’s a shame because I like this controller quite a bit, but I can’t buy it anymore as I don’t know if it’ll work properly or not.

I’m curious to know if anyone else here has experienced this problem, of if it’s that I’m just that unlucky.

Hi @jcalpha,

That’s unfortunate to hear. I’d be curious to hear if other users have experienced this quality issue as well. Thanks for letting me know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.