Hercules Inpulse T7 stutters on MacBook

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): MacBook Air 2022
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): MacOS 14.5
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.2
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): Hercules Inpulse T7

Your question:

Hi there, super happy with the support for the T7! Thanks a lot for that.

I’m having some issues on the Macbook though, while it works perfectly on iPhone. When I play anything, the waveform and sounds both stutter like crazy. I have no clue why this happens on my Macbook. When I shut down the T7 while playing music, it lags a few seconds and then Djay runs waveform and audio super smoothly again. I tested it also with the Reloop Buddy and there I had no issues at all, so it’s only when the T7 is connected and activated. The T7 has the newest firmware and it does run perfectly on VirtualDJ on this Macbook.

Does anybody know what’s going on here?

Here is a short video of when the T7 is turned on and what happens when I turn it off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmI6dpYWzUM

Hi @Len91, thanks for sharing the details about your setup and the video. This is very helpful. What is the source of the music you are using on your Mac? Is this the same as when using your iPhone?

@Len91 can you please do the following to help us track this down:

1. Open Activity Monitor app
  2. Double click “djay Pro” in the list of running applications
  3. Reproduce the issue, i.e. make sure the stuttering is currently happening
  4. Click “Sample” in the Activity Monitor window for djay Pro
  5. Upload the resulting file to our Dropbox

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response! I just uploaded the file to the Dropbox.

On both devices I’ve used locally stored .m4a and .mp3 files.

Thanks @Len91! We received the sample.

There seem to be some issues with the audio connection to the T7. Can you please:

• Verify that the USB connection is solid, e.g. no wiggling plugs etc. and also please try a different USB cable
  • Try resetting the audio settings in djay while the T7 is connected:
1 Like

Oh wow, it works with another USB-cable indeed! Sorry for the inconvenience; I didn’t test that, because the same cable does work when used on iPhone or with different software on the same MacBook. I can continue now, thanks!!

2 Likes

That’s great to hear. Thanks for letting us know and happy mixing!