History has been gone

Hi guys!
Merry Christmas!
My question, why my Dj set history has been gone? Is there a way to get it back?
I used djay Pro couple months ago. There wasn’t Dj gigs because of C19.

Hi @Igors_Vasiljevs,

Merry Christmas to you! :christmas_tree: I’ll be happy to help you out with this.

It looks like you’re using djay Pro 2, right? And you want to know why the grayed out tracks are grayed out in the history set list in your screenshot?

In general, when tracks are grayed out, this is because djay can no longer locate the files in the original place they were added from to this particular playlist or set list. This can also occur when moving from one device to a new device. So that I can better assist you, could you tell me the following:

1. Which OS version is running on your device?
  2. Which djay version are you using?
  3. Where were the grayed out songs stored originally?
  4. Did you recently move your music library?
  5. Did you recently move djay from one computer to another?

In addition, you may be able to restore this playlist using one of djay’s automatically saved backup media library files. You can find these in the folder called “Backups” in the djay Pro 2 folder on your Mac. To find this, please see this FAQ:

Thanks in advance for the additional information!

Hi!
Thank you for replay.

1. I’m running macOS Monterey 12.1
  2. I’m using Djay Pro 2 Version 2.2.9.
  3. My songs are greyed on external HDD
  4. Yes I moved my library from mac to external HDD. I do it all the time.
  5. No I have only one computer.

Thanks for sharing the additional information. From what you’ve shared, the songs are appearing as grayed out in these older set list/history lists because the tracks were moved from the location they were originally added to these lists.

To give a brief explanation, when you create playlists in djay’s My Collection of tracks from various sources (e.g., Music, Files, TIDAL, etc.), the song files themselves aren’t copied, but rather djay creates a bookmark to where that file is located. Tracks will be grayed out if djay isn’t able to find the song files in the expected location. This can happen if you move tracks to a different folder, as an example.

Since you moved the tracks to a new location, for djay to be able to play the songs again, you’d need to re-add them to djay. You can do this by first adding the new folder where your files are stored to the My Files music library source in djay.

You can then try the following steps to get djay to update the file link (assuming these are the exact same files):

1. Select My Collection, then select the Music playlist
  2. Drag and drop the files or enclosing folder from My Files onto the Music playlist

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 2.26.30 PM

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, for help!

My problem was, that my history was gone to 2019!
I check out Algoriddim forums! There was a way, using “Go to”on Mac, copy/paste history link of djay 2. Drag it to correct folder! Now everything fine!
Now I am ready for New year’s eve!:grinning:

Thank you Emily, Happy new year for you and your family!!!:partying_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.