Hitting play when crossfader is in the middle/layering tracks

Hi all,

I am new to this and any feedback is appreciated. I am sometimes able to do this and sometimes not. I would like to have a track playing on deck 1 (it eventually hits a saved, preset loop section) and I intend for it to continue to play over the next song. However, when I hit the play button on deck 2 and the crossfader is somewhere in the middle so both tracks play and are heard at the same time, it automatically fades the previous song out. Is this intentional, and how the system is supposed to work? Any feedback is appreciated!

Kindly
Chris
HausOfManiako @ SoundCloud

Hi,

That’s not typical behaviour at all.

So let’s start with the basics…

What system are you using (iOS, iPad, Mac, windows, android etc).
What controller do you have attached
What is the software version of your system
What is the version of Djay you’re using

That’ll give us a starting point.

Also, double check you’re not in Automix mode and the auto is taking over for you. Unlikely but worth checking.

Anyway, it’s not how it should behave.

:+1:t2:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help!

What system are you using (iOS, iPad, Mac, windows, android etc).
What controller do you have attached None, just mixing using the app on my phone
What is the software version of your system I think I have the latest version, 4.1.3
What is the version of Djay you’re using Ops, is this different from the previous question?

Yes, I checked the automix because it was on when I started recording so I turned it off.

This also doesn’t always happen. I already created a mix before and was able to record it where I had two tracks playing overtop of each other and neither was automatically faded out, but I may have been using the four deck mode then.

Kindly,
Chris
[/quote]

1 Like

All seems very odd, especially if it’s intermittent.

It would be interesting to see a screen recording of this happening if you could get one……

At least we could see the screen and see if there’s anything obvious causing the issue.

Difficult to say without seeing it happening.

:+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi @T-MinusMusic,

Apologies for the delay!

As @Sooteee mentioned, would you be able to provide a screen recording of this issue?

This greatly aids us in diagnosing an issue!

Hi everyone,

I appreciate you following up. I have not been able to replicate the issue. In fact, I recently recorded the mix with two tracks playing at once. If it happens again, I’ll try to capture it in a video.

Kindly,
Chris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.