HotCue Sequencer... As Serato FLIP ..

Djay Pro today in my opinion is the best software for DJs on the market and therefore, the more exclusive functions incorporated it will make it a super music manipulation machine. I love the Sampler sequencer, the Looper, quantize separated by Deck, the grid adjustment, Ableton Link… And one day I would love to have in this Software, especially in the iOS version, a HotCues sequencer, as Serato FLIP has today . This function, where we can rearrange the cues and leave them in a Loop, combined with the sampler sequencing a Beat, gives us the power to create true live Remixes. It would be a dream! I leave this record here… Who knows, at some point something like that can’t be incorporated.

3 Likes

Maybe they don’t understand the editing power and music creation of something similar to Serato FLIP… Which is a sequencer for our Hot Cues in real time. I keep dreaming of something like this in Djay Pro, which will make it light years ahead of any software on the market.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Additional information about this feature was shared here:

I just used Serato’s Flip feature, and yes its pretty freaking sweet now that I understand it. When it comes to live remixing, or, if your preparing your tracks beforehand, being able to do this type of editing/preparing all in the same program, instead of opening up a DAW, is very, very helpful and could help take peoples mixes to the next level. And (in serato) you can toggle the “flip” or edit on and off, which is super helpful because:

This is done in app, and saves people money from in a different program/ DAW to then make a seperate audio file of just the edit, or a new track with the edit included. (money saved is value added)

And being that you can turn it on and off, its easier to execute while performing. Especially if your only using a 2 deck controller, which is probably a large portion of DJay’s user base.

Also RB has a feature where you can record a sequence, or pattern, of samples and play it back. But I like the pattern of hot hues, like Seratos implementation better.

My entry level controller DDJ-FLX4 came with RB and Serato (lite).

With a feature like this in DJay Pro, it is just another reason as to why switching to DJay Pro easily worth the 50 bucks a year.

This feature is for sure getting a vote from me, I hope this is the most current post

So I just figured out that there is a way to record samples in a sequence in DJay Pro on Mac Os. I guess I just didn’t understand the program as much the last time I looked into it,. because that option has been there lol.
It’s very similar to the feature on RB, as it only works for sequencing samples.

Friday anyone who was wondering how it works, what I did as I midi mapped it like so:
Open up the Midi Mapping, which on top menu bar is under ‘MIDI’, and then click on your media device.

Find a button that you want to remap, and hit it, a row should highlight.

Under the column “target” of the highlighted row I chose sampler, and in the other drop under the “action” column I chose, ‘Toggle Sequence recording’,
thats it (you’ll need to repeat this for a clear sequence recording, I think I’m just going up memory here)

save it by clicking done or hit enter.
Hit the button you just mapped to toggle the sequence recording on, strum away on a sample and when you stop it repeat the last four beats,( or 8 depending on how you have it set) of your sequence and repeat it.

Still keeping my vote on here for a hot cue sequencer.