Hotkey for Automix advance?

If you want to have the Automix advance to the next song prematurely, you can click the two chevrons above the Automix Queue. However, how can you assign a hotkey to that function? I can’t figure it out. My two other DJ softwares have this functionality, and I really going crazy not having that ability with DJay Pro AI. Any help, please.

Hi Brother James
You haven’t tagged the topic to show whether you are using Mac, IOS, windows etc and they don’t all have exactly the same options. I’ll assume Mac.

There isn’t a “keyboard” shortcut (that I know of) to advance to the next song. There are however keyboard short cuts to Transition to the right and to the left which are the work around but obviously you need to be looking at the screen and press either the “Left” or “right” keyboard button to transition to the inactive deck.

If you decide to use a Controller, then there is a midi command in addition to the transition to left and right deck, and this is called “Transition to inactive deck”. This does exactly what you are asking for with auto mix.

So unless there is a hidden feature. Algoriddim need to add “Transition to inactive deck” to keyboard short cuts.

Hope this helps

Edit
When in 2 deck mode the keyboard short cuts to transition left and right only move in the chosen directions so you have to decide which one to press based on the inactive deck, but when you are in the dedicated Automix screen, both transition left and right move to the next track regardless of which deck is currently active ie. They both act as “transition to in-active deck”.

This also applies to Midi.
In two deck mode. Transition left, right and inactive deck do their chosen function only.
In dedicated automix screen, Transition, left right & inactive deck ALL move to next track regardless of deck state (transition to in-active deck).

3 Likes

Thank you for your help. Sorry for not adding tags.
I’m using Mac. I was able to re-map the Hotkey for “Transition to inactive deck” and now it’s behaving the way I expected. I think it wasn’t working because I had two different hotkeys mapped to that function. Thanks again!

1 Like

You can always do it on your watch while your at the bar hitting on someone :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @BrotherJames,

I know it’s been a little while since you posted this thread, but I just wanted to follow up on your comment here:

I’m using Mac. I was able to re-map the Hotkey for “Transition to inactive deck” and now it’s behaving the way I expected. I think it wasn’t working because I had two different hotkeys mapped to that function.

We had an issue at the time where some duplicate Keyboard and/or MIDI mappings weren’t working properly, as you had pointed out. And I just wanted to confirm that our Development Team was able to fix the issue in a recent release of djay Pro AI on macOS. If you were to map two different hotkeys to a function now, it should work properly.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this, and happy mixing! :headphones: