How come audio is only played through my left speaker and no sound from right one at all? Is there any way to audio through both speakers?

How come audio is only played through my left speaker and no sound from right one at all? Is there any way to audio through both speakers?

Screen shot your configuration so we can see what you are doing wrong.

Hi Malthe Gram,

which version of djay are you using?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Thank you for sharing your audio setup. Please note that Using a Splitter Cable for Split Output is splitting the one stereo channel into 2 mono channels in order to be able to use one for pre cueing and the other for the main output. That means that your main output is mono, which is expected.

Do you have any other device with an external soundcard, or a Bluetooth speaker system?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Malthe Gram,

this is not possible, as your Mac has two audio channels (1 Mono + 1 Mono = 1 Stereo), using a stereo splitter would result into two audio sources each with a mixed up master and cue.

I would recommend an external sound cards like in external midi controllers, have you thought of using a controller besides your Mac?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Im using version 1.2, haven’t checked for an update actually.

EDIT: After this was posted i got an update to 14.2.

Still got same issue

Im not quite sure what an external soundcard is. How does it work?

Also, could I not just use a splitter cable with stereo sound?
Can you recommend anything? As cheap as possible.

Cheers

I got the Numark Party Mix controller, but since it’s not compatiable with djay pro, im getting Numark Mixtrack 3.

Do you have any specific sound card you would recommend with this controller?

What about the Splitter cable thats recommended under the djay hardware suggestions?

Also im not quite sure what an external soundcard does?