How do I edit the mapping on the Numark Scratch?

Hello, does anyone know how to change the mapped effects on Numark Scratch mixers? I tried to edit the midi map but it does not detect the effect buttons when triggered. Basically, what I want to do is replace the flanger and phaser effects to something else. Thanks!

Hi @BennyB,

First of all, welcome to the Community! I’ve moved your post to a new thread since it’s a slightly different question about mapping the effects on the Numark Scratch.

First, I’d like to confirm that you’ve already had a close look at our detailed instructions for editing the MIDI mapping in djay, which you can find in our FAQ:

Please let me know if you’re still having trouble, and I’ll be happy to help.

Hi Emily,
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Yes I have tried editing the midi map but it does not detect the effect buttons when triggered on my Numark Scratch. I am using Djay on IOS Ipad pro M1 btw.
:slight_smile:

Hi @BennyB,

Thanks for confirming that you’ve gone through the general guidelines for editing MIDI mappings provided on our website.

I’ve gone ahead and checked this with our development team, and they’ve confirmed that for the Numark Scratch, the FX are currently hard coded internally. For this reason, unfortunately it’s not currently possible to edit the MIDI mapping for these in djay. That said, our team is looking into how we might enable editing of the mapping for these FX in the future, and I’ll keep this thread updated with any new developments.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Hello, after a long time I was able to create this mapping. If you are interested you can pm me.

4 Likes

Thanks for looking into this with the dev team. Yes that’s what I figured, fx are hard coded. I am ok with the effects assigned for now but would be great if we can use the app’s full potential.
Also, I ‘ve noticed a slight cue drift when using Phase Dj. I made a separate topic for this problem. I hope the devs can address this one also. Anti drift option maybe?

Thanks for your understanding and patience while our team looks into this, @BennyB!

I’ll go ahead and respond on your other topic thread for the cue drift issue you’ve noted. :musical_note:

1 Like

Hellooo Adt, Yes sir can you send it to me? I can tinker with the mapping while devs are tryin to fix the issue. Thanks mate, appreciate it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey there! Would appreciate to get the mapping :slight_smile: Thanks

DJ TechTools has a large database of MIDI mappings for different hardware and software. This is a great place to post and share your mapping and to find new ones.

https://maps.djtechtools.com/

i will like to see this video, hope it changea me, and midi map my scratch mixer… do you have a viseo ???

TIA

NEROONE

Hey @Nero-one ,

Thank you for posting this here in the Algoriddim Community and welcome :slight_smile:

Using MIDI Learn, you can map your MIDI controller directly through your iPad/iPhone or you can change the mapping of an already natively supported MIDI controller.

Please find an easy step-by-step guide on this topic at the link below:

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Hello, is it possible browsing library to be assigned to both loop on dec one and loop on deck two?

@bigga_head

1. It’s pretty easy to modify the MIDI Mapping yourself. Here’s the guide for macOS: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014911871-How-do-I-MIDI-map-a-controller-on-djay-Pro-AI-for-Mac-
  2. Once inside the MIDI Editor, simply turn the Loop Encoder for Deck 1 and set the Target to Music Library and the Action to ** Move Library Selection (Rotary)**.
  3. Then repeat this with the Deck 2 Loop Encoder.

Thank you for your answer. Aorry to misled you but i think i am at the wrong place. I an using win 10 and serato with nunark scratch

Best regards, Borislav Ivanov

Thank you for your answer. Aorry to misled you but i think i am at the wrong place. I an using win 10 and serato with nunark scratch

Best regards, Borislav Ivanov

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.