How to add the Song Information to a Radio-Stream?

I play music for a web radio using Djay Pro2 on an iMac. To connect I use Butt for Mac. What I need to do but I can’t is to stream the songs names the time I play them. Any ideas, please?

hi
you could try Audio Hijack, apparently it has a feature to capture tracks names from a running app

Hi @douros,

You don’t actually need Audio Hijack, Butt is enough.

You can find the file under:
~/Music/djay Pro 2/djay Media Library.djayMediaLibrary/NowPlaying.txt
~/Music/djay/djay Media Library.djayMediaLibrary/NowPlaying.txt

You can pass this file to Butt to read the currently playing song.

This is the format:

Title: Ms. Jackson
Artist: OutKast
Album: Stankonia
Time: 04:32

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Cheers, G

1 Like

Thank you G! Please, as I’m a bit confused, could you please explain in more detail? There are two txt files in your message, so, do I pick either?
Thank you in advance,
douros

Also, do I use the file in question, in:
‘update song name from file’
in Butt?

And, finally (hopefully), do I tick the ‘Activate’ button, as well as the one under that ‘update song file from application’ where I’ve picked ‘iTunes/music’? Do I tick that one as well?

Hi @douros,

One is for djay PRO 2 and the other for djay PRO AI. It just depends on what version of djay for Mac you’re currently using.

Yes, just set it up here:

No, don’t set it to “update song name from application”. Just the “Update song name from file”.

Hope I could help.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you very much Guillermo!

Unfortunately, Guillermo, it didn’t work… Although I could see the song info in my ‘NowPlaying’ txt, what reached the station was: null - “null” (I’ve kept screenshots, should you think they might prove of help…). What I haven’t stated so far is that the station server is radiojar. Could there be some kind of incompatibility there?

Hi @douros,

I’m not sure how radiojar does this. I would encourage you to reach out to their support.

The NowPlayling.txt file is appropriately updating on our machines.
We also haven’t received any reports of this not working with Audio Hijack or Butt so far. This is why I believe this error might be related to radiojar. You need to enable the full widget player to show track-data, see here: Radiojar

Good luck setting your radio station up.

Cheers, G

Hi Guillermo,

Radiojar works fine with Butt (png1). The thing is that Butt accepts 'artist - title’ with the dash working as a divider. Is there a way I can change the nowplaying info into such a format (artist and title in one row), instead of the 4-line one (Title, Artist, Album, Time in four different rows) Djay normally sends to the respective file?

As you can see in pngs 2,3,4 Butt can’t read the 4-line info Djay provides but it perfectly responds when I manually give it the ‘artist - title’ info in one line.

Please, advise!

Hi @douros,

I believe butt is able to send out more than just “Artist - Title”. Could you please tell us what version of butt you’re running? I think the reason for this problem you’ve been having is the formatting setting that you’ve selected under “Update song name from application”. I don’t even get the same options there as you, I’m running butt 0.1.27 :

Could you please check your Butt version and try to not activate the formatting?

Cheers, G

Hi Guillermo, I’m running Butt 0.1.31 for mac. I’m not quite sure what I should do…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.