I worked uo to now with Traktor S3 in Midi Mode. Everything was fine. But the Soundcard has no good sound quality. So I decided to Upgrate to Denon Prime 4. But I get no connection in Midi mode. Can anybody help? What are your experiences with the new Update? Thank you for your help.Michael
Welcome to the Algoriddim Community and thank you for asking about the Denon Prime 4.
In order to activate the “MIDI mode” as you usually do on your S3, you need to change the Source on the main display of your Prime 4. Find out more about changing the Source on the Prime 4 user manual:
Set it to Computer Mode, from the user manual:
Tap the computer icon at the top of the display to switch Prime 4 to controller mode. In controller mode, you can use Prime 4 to send and receive MIDI messages to and from your computer.
In order to ensure a proper connection between your supported DJ MIDI controller and djay for iOS, please connect the controller to your iOS device following these steps:
- Connect a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter or USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to your iOS device (depending on your iOS device connector).
- Then connect the blue PC cable from your Prime 4 to the adapter.
- It is recommended to connect the power adapter from your iOS device (12W) to the USB adapter (required for some controllers with higher power requirements, or simply to charge your iOS device during your performance).
- Connect your controller to your iOS device, and power it up if required.
- Launch djay Pro AI for iOS. djay will automatically configure the MIDI controller and audio interface (if available).
- Start using your controller with djay.
Note that it is important to perform the above steps in the given order to ensure that iOS will detect the DJ MIDI controller.
I hope this information was helpful for you. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out any time.
I am using a USB-C to Digital AV adapter but it is not powering up the ddj 400 does it need to be the camera adapter?
Yes, follow the steps exactly as described above and it will power up.