How to connect Vision Pro to PA?

Hi guys, long time djay user. As an early adopter of Vision Pro I would really love to use it at a gig. What would be the best way of getting the audio to the PA?

Hi @Jason_Prime, great question. I don’t have access to an Apple Vision Pro, but I’ve passed your question onto our engineering team. I’ll report back when I have an answer. Thanks!

Hi again @Jason_Prime, this is not officially supported and there’s no direct way to do this since the Vision Pro has no connection ports but the following steps should work. You should definitely do some testing before attempting this at a live gig to confirm that it works.

1. Screen mirror the Vision Pro to a Mac and make sure the audio routing is set to the Mac (you will lose audio in the Vision Pro)
  2. Connect the Mac to an external screen for the audience via HDMI for the visuals
  3. Connect the Mac to a mixer via USB and select the mixer in the Mac sound settings
  4. Connect the mixer master out to the main sound system for the audience to hear
  5. Connect the mixer booth out to monitor speakers for you to have close by to hear

Latency doesn’t seem to be affected on the audio with only a slight delay on the external visuals. I hope that helps.

Thank you for the reply. Could the USB-C port on the Vision Pro Developer Strap maybe be used to attach an audio device?

1 Like

You’re welcome @Jason_Prime. The developer strap is only enabled for development so this will not work to attach an audio device.