How to fix when the auto beat finder is off?

That looks amazing, I will need detailed instructions on how you got this to work

Can you even adjust the down beat???

yup, I was going to make the same comment. Your instructions select the bar where the measure begins, but it does not align the wave against the bar.

I though that the + and the - on the side will help to slide the wave into the right position, but both move the wave’s playback forward… confusing

And then there si the matter that the tempo might not be exactly constant…

And how can I un-check the “Answered” flag? it has not been answer. The answer provided is ok if the question was “How can I select the first bar in a measure?” but that was not the question.

this does not answer the question… see comments below

Thank you Josh for helping out.

I also like your solution about being able to type the BPM, but this works only if the BPM is constant, which for a lot of tracks isn’t. I did proposed a solution in the statement of the question for non constant BPM.

But what has me frustrated is Algoriddim silence

Still nothing?

C’mon! What are we going to do about this? Just leave it?

I understand that you might not have a resolution yet, but at tell us what are the plans

awesome!

You should work for them

Thank you Anders for the update.

This is interesting. So djay internally has an array of where the beat falls, and the length is double the number of beats in the song? does each beat point internally has the sample number where it falls? if so, how to edit those sample numbers?

Thank you!, this is a great step in the right direction. For most of modern songs this patch fixed my issues.

Any word on the second part of the problem? When the beat is not perfectly steady… I was thinking in something like the Logic Pro Flex Time functionality

But what can we do when the grid isn’t in the correct position in the first place? See the track on the right hand side - it’s way off all the way through the track and I have no way of editing it.

I’ve just sent a track that DJay2 can’t grid properly to Algoriddim Support for them to analyse.

Hopefully they can work out what’s going on with it.

We need a way of manually changing the grid like you can in Traktor on the Mac/PC.

Also, I still want a way of overriding the BPM if it doesn’t get it right… Tapping is OK as an option, but if i know the exact BPM of the track, I want to be able to enter it.

They seem pretty responsive on Twitter… I’ve tweeted a link to this thread and they’ve acknowledged it.

I just got an email acknowledging receipt of my sample song that I sent them. They’re forwarding it to the correct team internally.

Hi Anders

Thanks for looking into this. Over the weekend, I found that at least 50% of the tracks that I analysed had incorrect beat grid mapping. Some had incorrect BPM detection too, but that seemed to be less of a problem.

These were all drum and bass tracks, ranging from modern D&B stuff from 2013 going back to jungle from the early 90’s (which might not have such a stable time signature).

It’s very frustrating, as when it works, the sync feature is amazing… I just can’t rely on it when over half the tracks don’t have correct grids.

Best Regards

Josh

Also very frustrated to discover after this.

I have been a keen user of Djay for over a year and recently someone suggested Traktor DJ to me. On paper Djay was a lot better but I found the perfect syncing in Traktor allowed me to experiment so much more with my mix even if Traktor lacked a lot of the other features.

When I saw an advert for djay 2 with beat grid matching I thought sweet they’ve sorted that out now but no.

Algoriddim, what are you saying on this?

+1

The lack of engagement from the developer is very annoying on this issue

I agree with the above comment, before the iOS7 update for djay2, I had perfect Grid and Beat matches. After the update, I had to re-analyse all my music and now everything seems to be off!

I don’t know where any of you guys have gone on this subject but I’m just coming in months later… so was any solution found? I’ve had my Spin/Djay on iMac for a long time and just recently able to start using it again. To my happiness was the iPhone/iPad App but the desktop software is awful!

I’m reverting to Traktor unless a pretty solution happened along the way and i just haven’t found out yet…

thx