How to get mono output

My setup is a Google pixel running djay and it connects to a pair of speakers using Bluetooth. Is there any way for me to get mono audio to both speakers? The problem I’m having is the speakers aren’t loud enough in stereo when I do shows so getting mono would be helpful. Thanks

If your speakers are not loud enough, I don’t see how running in mono is going to help.

stereo splits the sound between the two speakers, right? If all the sound is coming out of each speaker (mono), wouldn’t that make each speaker sound louder? that’s my understanding at least

This really isn’t the place to go into detail, but mono can be useful when playing to a large audience (so it’s useful to have the option) but it’s not going to compensate for underpowered speakers.

1 Like

Hi @New_England_Electric,

Thanks for sharing your question!

At this time, djay for Android cannot merge audio in the way you would expect; however, we will pass this along to our engineering team as a feature request.

Additionally, you may want to consider turning up the channel/deck gain to see if that provides a useful workaround to volume.