How to record an Apple Music Automix playlist (I'm a subscriber)

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Your question:
I uploaded an APPLE MUSIC playlist (I am a family subscriber so I own the right to download these songs, and the playlist songs are already downloaded on device). I want to AUTO MIX and record it to play at a party. It’s saying that I can’t do it from streaming music, but it’s not streaming. How can I record this playlist with AUTO MIX and just play it from my phone in case my WIFI is not strong at the party?

Hi @diananovick, recording is not permitted when using any streaming services. This is a restriction currently imposed by the all streaming service providers. If you want to record your Automix, the songs must be in your Local Music Source or Files Source in djay. So they must be purchased and downloaded to your device.

they are already on my device but as separate songs, not the “PLAYLIST” and it will be way too time consuming to add each one separately for a 2 hour mix…any other way? any way to store it as a playlist file on my iphone?

1 Like

Hi @diananovick, I recommend that you create a Playlist within the My Collection Source of djay. Then navigate to the location where each of your songs is located, select the “”…" to the right side of the song, then Add to Playlist and select the playlist you just created.

Thanks…that is something that I just don’t have time to do, so then I have no other choice but to hope for the best with WIFI that the automix from my uploaded playlist (apple music) will just play without issue.

1 Like

You’re welcome @diananovick. Another option you could consider is signing up for a Beatport Link Professional free trial. This streaming service subscription tier includes an Offline Locker of 1,000 songs. Once you add your songs to the Offline Locker, they will be downloaded to your device and available to play without internet access. You could also use a service like Tune My Music to copy your Apple Music playlists over to Beatport.