How to use Denom Mc4000 with iPad Pro

I see online that the mc4000 is compatible with ios.

How do I set it up? I don’t think it’s plug and play.

Although I don’t have direct experience with connecting the Denon MC4000, it should be just plug and play…If you are using an iPad, then you will need the official Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.

Another thing to note that you should be able to Midi map your controller to suit as well using the Midi learn function.
I did this on my Rane One controller.
I have been able to Midi map extra features like Neural Mix to various knobs and buttons when using the Shift key function…

So a regular usb c adapter won’t work?

I can’t say for sure but the Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera adapter allows you to charge your iPad whilst using the app…

A few people have reported not having much success with using cheaper knock off cables and adapters…

I use the genuine one and it works fine…
I’m actually going to pick up another one as a spare to have as a back should it fail at the worst time, ie during a gig…

The USB-A to USB-B cable connects between your controller and the Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter via the USB-B port, then your regular USB to Lightning adapter connects from the Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter to a USB power brick…

The best way however is to use a 30 Watt USB-C charger and USB-C to Lightning cable
That’s how my set up is as the regular 12watt power brick couldn’t keep up charging my iPad after a few hours…

2 Likes

Hi there
Maurizio was assuming that you had an IPad with a lightning socket on it which used to cause a lot of issues with non apple usb adapters.

You however said you have usb c, so you should be fine with a generic usb c hub.
You can also test the system with a usb b to usb c cable, but as Maurizio says, it won’t then charge your iPad (fine for home, not too great live :joy:)

I used an apple adapter when I had an older iPad with lightning and used a hyperdrive hub when I got the iPad Pro with usb c. The issue with those is that you still need another usb charger + cable to plug into them to charge the iPad, big spaghetti mess.

I now have the ADG usb c hub/100w charger in one device, which cuts down on the cables and also lets you plug in a hard drive/keyboard/mouse/memory card etc & charge your iPhone all at the same time.

Plenty of options out there.

Awesome. Thanks so much!

Awesome. Thanks so much!

Awesome. Thanks so much!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.