I analyzed a playlist and found that all songs in it have the same key... which is obviously wrong.

Hi,
I just dragged 300 songs from tidal into this play list, and used “analyze”. After that, it showed that all songs in it have the same key, which is obviously wrong. I can’t find a way to analyze them again since I am not able to change the name of a song or delete a song in Tidal. What should I do now?

Thanks,
Levin

1 Like

Not sure if this works the same on Mac but where it says ‘313 Songs’ and a drop down arrow, click on that and there should be an ‘analyse songs’ option in there.
It exists on the iPhone and iPad versions anyway…if it’s not there I’m out and a Mac owner will have to jump in.
Cheers :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yes there is also an ‘analyse songs’ button there in Djay Pro AI. However, this doesn’t work, because all songs in this playlist have already been analyzed :sweat_smile: . It seems that there is noway to analyze them again.

On the iPad, if I press the button it re-analyses everything regardless of it already having been done once.
:crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Hi @Levin_Lo,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. That definitely looks like a bug! I’ll be happy to help troubleshoot this with you.

You are correct that after djay Pro AI on Mac analyzes a playlist, there isn’t an option to “re-analyze” the songs. I’ve just taken a few of the songs from your screenshot, created a playlist in the My Library section of djay, analyzed the list, and they appear to have analyzed correctly for key, as shown here:

As a first step, could you please tell me if you load one (or more) of the tracks onto the decks in djay from your playlist, does djay then re-analyze it and show the correct key?

1 Like

No… I actually tried this step several times, and it changed noting. The key showed for these songs are still all C.

However, I did not analyzed the playlist in the beginning. Steps was:

1. Start 4 decks mode
  2. Put those tracks on decks
  3. I found that it was too slow, so I click Library> Analyze
  4. Analyze complteted, and results is as my picture.
  5. Tried to put some analyzed tracks on decks and it changed nothing.

It seems that the key of the last song I put on the deck is C…

Thanks for sharing those steps. I’ve now been able to reproduce the same bug using the steps you provided, and it appears to be a bug when analyzing songs in a playlist from the My Library source in djay’s music library.

Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention. I’ve passed this along to our Development Team to investigate further. We appreciate your patience while we work on this.

In the meantime, one workaround for this issue is to analyze the tracks in a playlist in the TIDAL source rather than using My Library, which should analyze the songs properly. You can see what I mean in the screenshot below, using the same list of tracks shown after analyzing them in djay’s TIDAL source, and after analyzing them in the My Library source:

Thanks again and I’ll let you know when we have any updates about this issue.

1 Like

Hi @Levin_Lo,

Just wanted to let you know that this issue has been fixed with the latest update to djay Pro AI for Mac (version 3.1.6). Please update your app when you get a chance on the Mac App Store and you should no longer encounter the issue.

Please also note that for the affected tracks already in the My Library source, you’ll need to remove all of those tracks incorrectly identified as the key of C, then re-add them to the media library and analyze them again. Unfortunately, there is no way to re-analyze those already added tracks without removing/re-adding them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, and have a great day! :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.