I cannot load my soundcloud playlists with a lot of songs

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): iPad Pro 12.9 4th gen
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): 17.3.1
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.1.4 newest
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): handheld mode

Summary of the issue: i cannot load my playlists with over 100 songs, only the error is shown
Playlists that are small can be loaded

How to reproduce the issue:

Same problem is happening on my phone, only my big playlist with more than 300 tracks

1 Like

Hi @Lukas01D, thanks for sharing these details. Is this a new issue since a recent iOS or djay update?

1. Please try logging out of SoundCloud from within djay on all of your devices.
  2. Also, log out of the SoundCloud App and all SoundCloud browsers.
  3. Then perform a Forced Restart of your devices:
    a. Force restart iPad - Apple Support
    b. Force restart iPhone - Apple Support (CA)
  4. After restarting, launch djay on your iPad only and log back into SoundCloud. Let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Thanks!

Hey! I’ve just started experiencing this problem on both iPhone and iPad this morning. Soundcloud is the music source. Only one playlist seems to be affected. I tried copying the playlist in Soundcloud and editing its content but the copied version also shows the same error. See screenshot.

FYI - the one playlist that isn’t working is my largest Soundcloud playlist containing 384 tracks. My second largest at 196 tracks still works.

1 Like

I’m running iOS 17.4.1 with djay 5.1.4 - I’m pretty sure both were updated for some time before this issue started happening.

I tried the suggested support steps of logging out of Soundcloud in djay as well as from the Soundcloud app, then doing a forced restart of my iPhone. This did not resolve the issue.

Thanks for the update @XTOFR. I suspect this is an issue on the SoundCloud side of things, but I’ve gone ahead and forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue and offer any suggestions. I’ll report back when I have news.

1 Like

Yes I’ll echo previous posts in this thread and is only effecting one of my playlist +300 tracks, all others <200 are ok. I have noticed over the past week that Soundcloud has been updated several times?.
I’m running iOS 17.4.1 with djay 5.1.4

I have followed the steps you suggested and the problem isnt resolved.
I am almost only using 300+ song playlist for mixing so i am currently not able to mix :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Hi everyone. Thanks for the updates. The engineering team was able to reproduce this issue and is investigating it further with SoundCloud. I’ll report back here when I have more news. Thanks!

2 Likes

All sorted ! Thanks Guys :+1:t2:

1 Like

You are amazind Dear Team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the updates and feedback @Ratty73 and @Lukas01D. Everything should be working now.

1 Like