iCloud Drive on iPad/iPhone Permission Problem

Hi everyone, I’m having a serious problem, when I try to add a folder from iCloud Drive, I get the error: “the xxxx file cannot be opened because you don’t have the necessary privileges to view it. You don’t have the permissions” , why does this happen? Yet I have given any authorization to DDjay2, and it happens on both iPad Air 2 and iPhone SE 2020, both updated to the latest version of iOS. I upload the songs from Windows, through the “iCloud Drive” folder. I hope you help me!

Hi there. Are these only files that you upload from Windows? it sounds like the file could not be in the correct format try opening a file that you have directly downloaded on your device. if this works then there is an issue with the files that you have imported from Windows

Hi there. Sorry, I forgot to ask, can you open the file just by using the normal media player on the iPhone or iPad?

Hi @Il_Mondo_di_Faxe,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. If you’d like us to help troubleshoot this further, could you please share 2-3 song files that you’re using in djay when this issue occurs? This will allow our team to try to reproduce the issue in order to investigate it further.

Please drop the files here, let me know when you’ve done so, and then I can further troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks in advance for the additional information!

thanks everyone for the help, i solved it, canceling the subscription and taking traktor back in hand, no more problems, and i swear i will never fall for it again