iCloud not syncing

I’m not using any streaming service using iTunes library my own music.

1 Like

Both itunes library and SoundCloud streaming are having the same sync problem.

The problem may be only on the iOS side of things. I have multiple iOS devices but only one MacOS. The iOS versions definitely aren’t syncing to each other or the Mac, but if I had 2 Macs they might sync to each other.

@Lukas_E feel free to contact me directly if I can provide any specific examples to help find a solution

1 Like

I am using iTunes mp3 on iMac and iPad and iPhone, this worked stable for 2 years or more and is broken now since latest updates in August.

Related tests:

Separate MacBook with Djay Pro and file system mp3 access to same songs also not syncing cue points. So, it’s not limited to iTunes or iOS.

iCloud syncing in general is working fine though e.g. with Pixelmator Mac/IPad.

All iOS macOS and djay on latest SW versions.

Just let us rollback to the previous version.
I don’t need that AI Version.

Using local files only, synced via iTunes Match.

I am using an iPadPro12 with IOS14 and a macbook13 with Catalina 10.15.6. Bought both apps a few days ago to have 2 devices synced. Not kidding. For daily operation my macbook and for editing hotcues while being on the road OR my macbook is crashed I have my iPad available. I am not able to sync ANY hotcues. I have tested:

1. Tidal
  2. Spotify
  3. Copying files 1:1 from my Macbook into Files on the ipad (same Folderstructure, no update on names, etc.)

No sync from Macbook to iPad, no sync from iPad to iPhone, no iPad to MAc.

icloud is working proper, on all 3 devices accoring your tutorial you have on your website.

Any news or ideas on this topic?

1 Like

Update: no changes after Djay iOS macOS updates this week. @Algoriddim can you already share if the cause for this bug is understood and when we ll get a fix?

New update. Same problem no syncing and latency problems and crashing.

1 Like

Dear Support Team: I am wondering, that there is no feedback. Nothing. In terms of: hey guys, we took notice of your post. Nothing.

I don´t expect a solution within 24 hours but a short feedback would give us a way better feeling then what we have right now. Finally, I bought some tools (went away from Serato) to save time, and become more flexible and the stuff is not working.

…Dear support Team: give us a sign. Please!

Hey Everyone,

Thanks again for all of the information you’ve provided. Our development team is still investigating this issue and I’ll post here again when I have an update. Thanks in advance for your patience!

2 Likes

If you need more info, I‘ll be happy to assist you with anything you want. I‘m also a developer so feel free to ask me technical/nerdy stuff.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for your patience. I’ve heard back from our Development Team, and some updates were done on our side (no action required on your part) that we hope has solved this issue. Could you all give it a try again now and let me know if the problem is fixed for you or if it persists? Thanks a lot for your offer to help @djjoejoe.

I look forward to hearing back here if the issue is fixed. :pray:

1 Like

Hi @Emily and team, thanks much - works for me :partying_face:.

I had to load a tagged song into Djay Mac to make the cues show up on iOS - which happened 1-2 seconds later.

One issue I found is that round-robin editing had some issues - so tagging on both devices didn’t lead to aggregated tags. Maybe that’s something to look into.

Hi Emily, it works again! :heart_eyes: Thank you so much! :pray:

Hi @Emily, unfortunately after some testing it’s not really working for me. The issue: while many old Mac Djay cue points show up on my iPad Djay (I thought everything OK now), if I now create new cue points on Mac Djay they don’t show up on iOS - but instead it seems iPad is now the “master” deleting Mac cues and replacing with test cue points without names. In the past I could edit round robin iPad-Mac and Mac-iPad without issues. Can you support? EDIT: Looks like this describes my issue, too: Apple Music local files / iTunes Match: Cue Point syncing not working for some songs

Same for me no difference. No syncing and latency problems, freezing and app closes itself.

Yet djay pro 2 works perfectly.

Djay pro works perfectly.

I should have never updated to this AI version.

1 Like

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry to hear this didn’t solve the issue. Our team is looking into this further and I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update.

1 Like