iCloud Sync not working on DJAY 5.0??

@kokernutz and @SteveP thanks for the additional feedback. I will forward to the engineering team for further review.

1 Like

Thanks.
So I ended up copying and pasting my user data folder to iCloud, then downloaded it to my iPhone. The sound files are already on iCloud. So when I load the songs on my iPhone everything syncs up. The software doesnā€™t have to analyze the songs over again. I was jumping for joy! My mistake was not copying the entire user data folder to iCloud. Go Djay!!!

1 Like

Any chance of having this working on Windows? Windows has iCloud too.

1 Like

I canā€™t see why not. As long as all the files and folders are in the correct place.

1 Like

I meant iCloud Sync, not your copy/paste method.

1 Like

OH OK. Gotcha. Sorry.

I have done a fresh re install on both IOS and Desktop and the sync seems to be working now.

Thanks for the information @SteveP!

@kokernutz, SteveP was able to get iCloud sync working after a fresh re-install of djay on iOS and macOS. Can you please backup both of your devices, including your djaymedialibrary, uninstall djay on both devices and reinstall? Thanks.

2 Likes

I re-installed on macOS and that seems to have cured my ills. Changes show up within a second or two on all devices, regardless of which device I make the initial change on. Thanks!

1 Like

If anyone is still having issues, can you please share what your iCloud syncing status says in Settings>Advanced>SYNCING>iCloud?

Itā€™s likely that the sync system just needs to catch up after being corrected, so please let the app run for a while and see if starts working again. Thanks!

Iā€™m getting those http 503 errors on my iPad now. Iā€™ll go through the process of re-installing, but itā€™s clear I lost a ton (hundreds?) of cue points that I set today.

1 Like

Hi @kokernutz,

1. The djaymedialibrary file contains all your saved hot cue, loops and My Collection Playlists.
  2. As long as you make a backup of this database you shouldnā€™t lose any of them.
  3. On iOS you can locate this using the Files App under On My iPad>djay>User Data>djaymedialibrary
  4. I recommend you regularly backup this file to a cloud storage or external drive.
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.