IDJ-Pro viewing the song titles

I have the same problem. Several verions of every song. I have to load a song several times to find the correct version im wanting to play. Should be an easy fix to do, huh?

I am in full agreement with Paul. Just make it easier to differentiate between songs and versions of songs.

Me too! Just got my idj pro and have trouble seeing the track titles. Makes finding tracks tricky especially if you have several mixes of a single track. A way to make the text smaller or move the coloums around would be most welcome!

I have the same freakin issues…it’s hard to finds tracks and takes to long to figure out what tracks are what. Please fix this big issue and please add the option of how to display your track colums.

Rikard,

I’ve been waiting on a fix for this for 9 months now since I first reported it to Algoriddm, I have exchanged numerous e-mails with Warren starting in August of 2012, so his above reply: “This is currently not possible. I’ll change your question into an “idea”” is somewhat confusing.

What’s worse is that even once the song is loaded to the turntable, a few more characters in the song title appears, but it does not scroll to make the entire title visible.

Make no mistake, this is a problem and not an enhancement request. Djay for the iPad used to have the native iOS behavior of displaying the full title as balloon help. If you held your finger against a song title greater than 23 characters in lenght, the full title appeared in a balloon that would pop-up, thereby enabling a correct song choice.

When Algoriddm rolled out a release of djay for iPad that displayed BPM in the library view, this functionality went away. They are aware of this problem and hopefully are working on a fix.

While it can be an interesting brain-teaser, having to guess what characters in a song title are being truncated past the 23rd character of a song title is not the best way to select the right track. I eagerly await a solution to this as well.

-Paul

I feel your pain! Please see my comments above. While it can be an interesting brain-teaser, having to guess what characters in a song title are being truncated past the 23rd character of a song title is not the best way to select the right track. I eagerly await a solution to this as well.

Cristina, Please contact Algoriddm directly. They have told me numerous times that it is not a priority item for them because not enough users are requesting the fix. Funny thing, though discussion around this topic is all over the forum! BTW the new Traktor app has no such limitation.

Bigfred,

I keep waiting and hoping. The folks at Algoriddm claim that not enough users are complaining about this limitation for it to be considered a priority. So, I would suggest that you contact them directly. Maybe they will listen eventually.

-Paul

In fairness to Warren’s statement, we all may have different approaches to fixing this problem in mind. So it remains Algoriddm’s responsibility to find out WHAT it is that we need versus our suggestion on HOW it could be accomplished. Users (we) often speak in terms of the HOW rather than the WHAT.

That said, and to be clear, I don’t care HOW it is implemented as long as when completed, a long song title, greater than 23 characters in length is entirely visible in both the library and the turntable view. Same should be true of artist, album and other text fields.

For myself, enhancing the search capabilities on the library view would be great, but being able to view and select the correct track is a show-stopper.

Like Roshawnda said, if even one user was being impacted by this limitation, a fix should be provided.

I count 9 users on this forum who are frustrated by this limitation. And how many people simply don’t post on this forum or think to report a defect? What is the tipping point / critical mass required for Algoriddm to address this limitation?

Thanks for the reply, Kedrian. For long titles, how about going from impossible to possible! I believe that you bring the vote tally up to 10 :slight_smile: