iMac update with Yosemite

Warren, thanks you really made me laugh…
Alright…I really don’t want to be a hater or fanboy. I’m just a user, finding a way mapping my iDJ Pro for Mac - which really worked well on Mavericks and I know that the device isn’t supported formally. I like your software, because of it’s intuitive UI. I’m aware that Apple changed some row’s of code when releasing Yosemite, but in the end this problem might rise with other users as well.

I was able to play backup music through the line in of the iDJ Pro when problems occurred. So I guess the device is fine. I also didn’t had to turn off and on to resolve the problem. The only cure was reopening djay and reconfiguring audio engine.
I’ll do some testing this Friday. From a PM point of view I guess it’s worth checking the audio routing parameters of Yosemite. Maybe something changed of how Apple is handling audio signals since 2011. :wink:

Congrats for the new supported mobile os. Can you answer the question, if this release was the “big thing” you commented earlier this year? Or do you need to fill the programmer position first to show up with a updated Mac version?

Praise the lord…downloaded djay pro, testing next days.
Hope the new program is worth the price. Have a Merry Christmas

I have something to say about this. I’m Jonathan and running my own internet radio station. Well, when I run DJ with the OS, it works great for a few minutes, but then I began to here some audio cut outs through the music throughout my mixer. I have never had this problem with Mavrix. Here are my specs for my mac. Processor
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Hi all. thought it was just me, but at least it’s not just me who is having the same problem that I am having… but an answer for all of you. my setup includes:
Macky pro 8 affects 8 channel mixing board with a head set. both which uses USB ports to use. Also, using a DJ controler along with it. No, my mixer does not require an audio driver to be installed. remember the problem did not happen until I have upgraded the OS.

Got the new upgrade as well and I love it!!! the only thing that I have yet to test is the playback problems. I have only used it with in an hour’s time, and from that I’m thinking that everything is okay, but I’m not sure as I have not done a 2 to 4 hour show yet.

fullscreen on Yosemite is not well supported in the current djay version, please release a full supperted version

Going to full screen mode (arrows in right upper corner) in djay works but is not the new way of doing that in Yosemite (no more arrows), but trying to come back from fullscreen to regular screen the icons are missing in the menu bar to do that

Hello everyone, Am a DJ, i thought am the only one who experienced this, the first time i tried Djay app with Yosemite, i was disappointed, i never notice this problem until when i was in the club, if i try to check on anything else like opening any thing, or trying to load a song, the app will seize for some seconds and cause some cut and a cracky noise, as if my Mac spec is low, this is not a problem with my mac, because i didn’t experience this when i was on Mavericks, my mac spec: MacbookPro(mid 2010)
Processor 2.4GHz
Ram: 8GB
SSD: 500GB
even when i try to use it without any controller connected to my MacBook Pro, same issue persist.
I just had to downgrade to Mavericks because this issue really suck.
if you guys really want to have this work well for you, is better to go back to Mavericks until this is solved.

Hello everyone, Am a DJ, i thought am the only one who experienced this, the first time i tried Djay app with Yosemite, i was disappointed, i never notice this problem until when i was in the club, if i try to check on anything else like opening any thing, or trying to load a song, the app will seize for some seconds and cause some cut and a cracky noise, as if my Mac spec is low, this is not a problem with my mac, because i didn’t experience this when i was on Mavericks, my mac spec: MacbookPro(mid 2010)
Processor 2.4GHz
Ram: 8GB
SSD: 500GB
even when i try to use it without any controller connected to my MacBook Pro, same issue persist.
I just had to downgrade to Mavericks because this issue really suck.
if you guys really want to have this work well for you, is better to go back to Mavericks until this is solved.

I have a brand new MB Pro (2.2 Ghz processor, 16GB ram). Every time I attempt to open djay it won’t load the tracks (the bulk of which are AIFF files), or else it looks like the tracks have been loaded but the program has frozen. It takes at least four or five force quits and restarts out of djay to get anywhere, and even then it takes a good ten minutes or more before it becomes usable. I’m not expecting pro levels of reliability at all, but even as an at home leisure app, this seriously bites. On my previous MB Pro, running Mountain Lion, I experienced no such issues, it would open right away and would be ready for use with pretty much the same music library. It seems Yosemite and djay don’t get along.

Hi All,

I’m running the latest Yosemite with current updates and I too am having playback issues. I have a vestax spin 2. Playing from iOS no problems. Using mac book pro I get a pause of about one second just after the track starts. its in different locations each time. Some tracks will play fine. Some the pause is shorter than others.

I’ve installed this crappy yosemite and my djay software (that has always worked perfectly previously) now just pauses mid track for a couple of seconds and even the fluency of the artwork spinning on the virtual turntable looks off.