Implement a comment section

This reminds me of virtual dj for some reason. With that said, color highlight, star rating, and an editable comments section in the browser for streamable and local files would just be sublime.

Can’t really refine playlists without these key features.

3 Likes

Seriously investing into DJ Pro AI now having gone back to back with Serato over a few weeks as It’s just far better software in mt experience in almost every way EXCEPT…

The main advantage of Serato remaining is the availability to edit tags across ‘crate’ based playlists which encompass both tidal streaming based tracks along with local or cloud based Mp3 and WAV files

This is vital to really get the most from sets from my perspective and a feature I can see the DJ pro community cheering for

Once that’s integrated it’s game over hands down DJ Pro has it nailed on all fronts as I see it on the software side :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I fully agree even if I use Rekordbox and 'not Serato. But I think the basic idea is that in the end regardless of the DJ software used.

My personal thought … Djay Pro should be a native Apple software incorporated in Itunes (Music). Then listen to the needs of professional DJs to make it better even if it is more complex. Having the ability to put my Playlists on a USB stick to use on CDJ or Controller players would be the Top.

2 Likes

Bump. I use ratings heavily and the ability to rate/comment on songs is something I’m dearly missing.

6 Likes

Agree with all of the above… the library needs an option to display a comments field, star ratings, colour ratings etc… the way Serato does this is very good, and it’s the only thing in my opinion that lets DJPAI down. I’ve toyed with going back to Serato because of the lack of these features, but DJ Pro is still the better software in other respects.

4 Likes

Reviving this thread—still using Serato due to these key features missing!

We have 9 votes on this similar thread: Metadata Editing Please!

With the 21 here we have a total of 30 votes, let’s try to get other involved and the ball rolling on this. @Guillermo any visibility on these features (editing and writing comments, labels, color tags) along with a prepare tab for streaming and locally stored tracks?

Still holding onto hope to switch back!

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat: for me, being able to edit ID3 tags for Rating and Comment is absolutely necessary for a DJ app. If this feature is not getting into the roadmap, I guess I’ll have to switch back to Traktor (which would be pain in the ass!)

4 Likes

So just picking this one up again… In my opinion the only thing that’s really lacking in the software. Comments, colours, ratings, etc… selectable columns. It’s all been said.

I mainly use DJPAI on iPad, but looking at the mac version the other day I noticed there is indeed a comments section and various other columns on that. The iOs version can read the data I believe, but not display it. I’d love to see this shortcoming fixed… other than this I love the app.

2 Likes

Yes definitely, all of the information is displayed (mac version actually loaded my meta data from Serato), so this is a workaround (but I constantly edit these, so very painful to have both softwares open).

I want to switch back to DJAY for other reasons as well, but simply cannot for this —can’t add genres, energy ratings, comments etc. within the app…so frustrating…

4 Likes

Absolutely agree. Browser in djay Pro need major upgrade. It’s windows-crowded beast from past century :slight_smile:
Inline editing of tags is the must for next version.

3 Likes

This is how I done things in Serato for the last decade and I kind of need it to fully make the switch to Djay - which i’m super excited to do!

It should be quite simple. Just needs a column that reads the comments section on ID3! That way people can use their own tagging method.

Please implement this Algoriddim!!!

6 Likes

any updates on this?

2 Likes

+1

Would be great to have this incredibly helpful ‘quality of life’ feature

2 Likes

This is the one thing holding me back from leaving RekordBox behind, which I really want to, because DJay is so much more modern, smooth, and reliable.

In RB I use tags to quickly recognize the right track from a big collection. But it can be as simple as just a short comment field to put in one or two characterizing words (‘dreamy strobo’).

(In addition, a star rating would be great as I use this for energy levels — I don’t prepare sets track by track but go by the flow of the crowd).

Much like assigning a color, I’d love it if comments work for tracks from all sources including Beatport streaming.

1 Like

Just dropping in another vote for this. Considering switching to Recordbox or similar (agh I don’t want to go back to a laptop) just for better library management features. Honestly, the stems stuff is useless in comparison to this basic feature. Star ratings / colors / comments - would make this app 10x more useful for me. WTF? It already has a track database, can’t be that hard to add a few columns.

1 Like

I’ve been sticking my head in the sand about Rekordbox, mainly because I’m not a fan of AlphaTheta, even more troubling with their acquisition of Serato.

But I will say this, I was impressed to learn that Rekordbox does sync across IOS and MacOS (via Dropbox). https://rekordbox.com/en/2020/04/cloud-library-sync-tutorial-video/ as well as all the advanced management and tagging features.

Just be prepared to pay through the nose for the privilege

Yep this is a real shame. I’ve had to switch back to Rekordbox and a laptop for now :slightly_frowning_face:
Really all I need is star ratings in the browser and the ability to edit them, it’s not rocket science.

@jomtones After 2months using the Pro version I must agree sadly: all these blabla around Neural Mix is worthless, if I can’t set it up for professional use. The library management sucks. How many times did I loose my cue points, my information. I really don’t want to test if I am saving on a USB stick going to Club and no Cue points are there because they are stored on my Mac :sweat_smile:

I am researching since 2 months and far less information out there.

Just to keep this going. Please enable the comments in iOS please :slight_smile:

1 Like

For reference:

• Metadata editing is available in djay Pro 5.0 for macOS, but not iOS.
  • Metadata can be edited in “My Collection” or “My Files”.
  • In “Apple Music” you can only edit the: key, track color and rating.
1 Like