Importing an MP3 file from laptop onto Files iOS

I’m trying to import MP3 file from my laptop, I have recorded my vinyl using a program and saved it on my file as an mp3.

I then copied the file onto my iCloud account, then opened my iPad, tried to open the mp3 in ‘files’ but it isn’t showing up, it’s recognising the folder I’ve saved in but not the music. Is it something I’m not doing right?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi Taro200773,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to our new community!

In order to play or add songs from iCloud Drive in djay for iOS, you’d need to make sure that you are using djay on iOS 3.2 or later with an active djay Pro subscription, and that your device is running iOS 13 or later.

You can find detailed instructions on how to do this in our FAQ:
How do I play or add songs from iCloud Drive or external media, like USB sticks?

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for getting back to me Emily, I have checked everything. I am on the latest IOS paid version of DJay and my iPad is on the most up to date version. Is there anything else I could try?

Many Thanks

Phil

Hey Phil,

Thanks for the extra details. It would be helpful to know the following:

1. Are you able to play the music files you’re trying to access outside of djay, e.g. using a different music app on your iPad?
  2. Could you send a screenshot of what you see in the Files section of the music library in djay when you try to add the folder there now?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.