Improve and Fix Search on iOS

First of all, LOVE this software - hands down best one I’ve worked with especially the massive screen on the iPad Pro. Anyway… I have some suggestions to improve the search functionality…

Can we get a global search? Can one search inquiry be typed in, and then you can navigate between the different platforms, if you can’t find what you’re looking for initially? Right now, if you type something in to search within Tidal, but you can’t find the song, then you have to exit out of that, go into a different platform, and then re-type the whole song again. It’s not very efficient.

Also, can we increase the size of the search dropdown box so you can actually see the full titles of songs/artists? There’s no way to know which remix is which because you can’t get the full title. I don’t see why the search dropdown needs to be so small.

Also, if you happen to click/tap a millimeter outside the search box, it thinks you are scrubbing the track and will stop the music.

1 Like

Hi @Charles_Davel, thanks for the positive feedback. Always appreciated! Also, thanks for the suggestions. I’ve passed them onto the dev team for consideration. In the meantime, please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for these features. Thanks!

FYI the search options in VirtualDJ work exactly as he’s requesting.

The choices are to search: 1) the current folder 2) local files 3) online catalogs (all can be selected). If online catalogs are selected, then any/all of nine providers can be selected, and in addition you can choose to only search online if there are no local results.

Thanks for sharing @PKtheDJ. Very helpful. I will pass this onto the devs.

1 Like

I like this implementation

I opened a thread a few months ago that is closed now.
So i’m rewriting my question again.

The search function on the ipad is always opening in another little window that blocks the view to the library that’s behind it.

The search function is way better on the mac where you can filter the songs from last added to the oldest song. Not possible on the Ipad.

Will it be possible to fix these?

Best