Improve Match in djay

Is it just me or are the music matches when using Tidal much worse than they used to be on Spotify? BPMs are often wildly off the matched track and I also find many times it doesn’t fit.
Anyone else made this experience? Did you find a solution to it?

1 Like

Haven’t yet found out what metadata Tidal provides through their api…

But what I’ve seen Spotify has a good amount of additional metadata for songs, which you can get through api:

1. Genre - the genre of the track
  2. Year - the release year of the recording. Note that due to vagaries of releases, re-releases, re-issues and general madness, sometimes the release years are not what you’d expect.
  3. Beats Per Minute (BPM) - The tempo of the song.
  4. Energy - The energy of a song - the higher the value, the more energtic. song
  5. Danceability - The higher the value, the easier it is to dance to this song.
  6. Loudness (dB) - The higher the value, the louder the song.
  7. Liveness - The higher the value, the more likely the song is a live recording.
  8. Valence - The higher the value, the more positive mood for the song.
  9. Length - The duration of the song.
  10. Acousticness - The higher the value the more acoustic the song is.
  11. Speechiness - The higher the value the more spoken word the song contains.
  12. Popularity - The higher the value the more popular the song is.
  13. Duration - The length of the song.

And also you can get very detailed song structure containing

• time signatures 4/4, 3/4,…etc
  • time signature changes through the track
  • bpm changes through the track

So all I’m guessing is that Tidal provides much less additional info to do the music matches…
Or… Tidal haven’t managed to collect enough information from your play history so that their “AI/match algorithm” can make better matches for you…

As I have spotify history over 10 years, daily spotify playlists are pretty good, so were the matches.
Yeah, if I need to listen same amount of time in Tidal, it would take several years that their daily suggestions/matches are at the same level that I have on Spotify.

2 Likes

I asked Djay and they replied the matching job is entirely up to the streaming service used. I guess Spotify just has way better algorithms or as you suggested knows me better :cry:

1 Like

Unfortunately Spotify was much better at this and many other things compared to Tidal…

1 Like

Yeah and Beatport is even worse at this than Tidal

Tbh I would be curious about an additional matching service by Algoriddim - something sorta based on the input of the Djay community :thinking: @Guillermo what do you think? Is there any other way to improve matching?

1 Like

Please improve the Match Tracks for all streaming services. It would be nice if they added a Sort By filter for that list and load more than just 20 songs. Seems pretty limited for what’s offered right now.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your feedback as it continues to help us in creating better versions of djay.

I’ve moved this post over to the suggestions category for other users to vote and comment on.

Thanks for moving this. Has there been any update regarding this since July?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.