Improve Track Transition (UI)

The transition/fade action to play track on the next deck has suffered a regression.
Previously, left/right arrows allowed quick fade to next loaded track, but now a dropdown menu is required (with options rarely used) to access the Transition button. This can easily be corrected to speed up the UI, video detail as follows:

Thanks for the suggestion and video @alex_cumbers. I’ll forward this to the dev team for consideration.

1 Like

Hey @alex_cumbers ,
I agree,
I thought maybe on IOS.
The ability to swipe DOWN on that Arrow to trigger the Mix.

2 Likes

Actually, even simpler, without any UI change is to simply touch/click to the right or left (depending on which deck active) of the fade bar OR double click to transition. Double click/tap current functionality moving fader to middle is less useful than a transition. Either way, this is a simple fix without UI changes.

Thanks for the additional suggestions @alex_cumbers. Great idea! I’ve forward this onto the dev team as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello!
Crossfader behaviour has changed within DJPROAI version 5.1.7.
I was generally using left and right arrows to make transition very fast between docks. However left and right button has been removed in new version. Instead a dropdown selection has been implemented which is not useful! Please get left and right buttons back. Or give users to choose which user interface they want to use.
Thanks!

Hi @Agitoxin, please use search before creating new topics. I’ve merged yours with this one. Please use the blue Vote button at the top left to show your interest in this suggestion. Thanks!

Hi!
What is the latest status of transition behaviour? Will right and left transition buttons be back, please?
Thanks

Hi @Agitoxin the dev team is aware of this, but I have no news regarding if/when this will be returning. In the meantime, I recommend you use the keyboard shortcuts or MIDI map the transition commands to your controller.

Please please please bring back the little arrows on the crossfader!

Some people have mentioned that the “Mix Now” feature works the same… but it does NOT!
I want to be able to just click ONE button and have it crossfade. I do not want to click into a hidden menu and then click another button.

Alternatively make a SKIP or NEXT button for when AutoMix is engaged.

Thanks!

Brad

2 Likes

Hi @Brad_Madison, I’ve merged your new topic with this existing one. Thanks for the additional feedback. I have passed this onto the dev team.

1 Like