IOS 4.0.1 DJAY pro: Auto-loop deleting start cue

So I notice two bugs after the last update to Djay Pro IOS 4.0.1

1. While playing the song and putting auto-loop on after a few beats, pressing the start cue again used to move the loop length to the start of the song and maintain looping, making it easy to extend intros from the first downbeat on the fly, but this is no longer the case. Now it DELETES the start cue of the song, and moves it to the start of the loop that was playing. Why is auto-looping even able to override the start cue? Had a few surprises during a set because of this. In earlier DJAY versions this never happened.

2 When pressing other cue points 1-8 while playing in auto-loop, these points are preserved, and the song switches to the correct position, but the looping is now disabled, even though the auto-loop indicator is still switched on. This seems also a bug. So after switching to a cue point you need to press loop once again to activate looping, even if it indicates it’s still looping.

2 Likes

I also noticed something like no. 1, it also happens with manual loops. I’m now trying harder to make sure that I don’t press the cue button again until the loop is deactivated. But I would also prefer it if this runs differently again.

1 Like

Bump, in newest update 4.0.2 no changes

In short problem is, when pressing start cue when in a loop, start cue is deleted and placed at the beginning of the loop

1 Like

I have the same problem and it’s really annoying - why is it changing a cue point you created

Hi All,

Thanks for reaching out about this behavior with the start cue moving to the beginning of the loop when you press start cue while in the loop. Our Development Team is investigating this further, and is looking into adding a setting to change this behavior if desired. Please note that currently, if you don’t press the start cue while in the loop, the start cue remains where you originally set it when you exit the loop.

I’ll keep you updated with further developments here! Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Thanks Emily, glad to see the start cue point issue being worked on

It would also be great if a setting can be added whether to stay looping or not when selecting cue points after being in a loop. Before v4 DJAY remained looping in the same loop length from the cue point location, but now the loop is disabled when pressing a cue, although the looping indicator is still lit, seems like a bug as well

Thanks, @JunoWho. The loop behavior you’ve mentioned here is actually not a bug but expected behavior in the app currently.

That said, I’ve passed your feedback about this to our Dev Team for further review. Thanks a lot for bringing it to our attention and for letting us know how you’d like to see this work in djay!

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know with the recent update on djay Pro AI for iOS (version 4.0.4), we included a setting in djay’s General settings where you can “Set Start CUE at Loop Beginning” or not, as you prefer. Please update your app when you get a chance to use this new setting.

Thanks again for reaching out about this! We appreciate your ongoing support. :notes:

That’s fast, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay in posting this, but I’m happy to report that this has been addressed in the recent djay Pro Windows release. Thanks for your patience!