iPad mini Numark iDJ Pro 30-pin to lightning connector problems

I hope someone can help. Just bought an a Numark idj pro. It can with a 30-pin to lightning connector with it. I have an ipad mini (5th) with lightning connector. I can’t get it to connect to the djay app, or anything by the looks of it. If the pad is turned off and i connect it to the pro, I get a message saying I need to unlock my pad to connect to the usb device. Not sure if this is a good sign or not?
What do I need to do?
I have had a look on Apple’s UK store and it doesn’t look like they do the same connector anymore.

It needs to be a genuine Apple 30 pin to Lightning adaper cable fit to work…
I tried using a cheap non genuine one and it gave me an error message as well…
I used the cable as opposed to the small adapter and it wored perfect…
I even went as far as opening up my idj Pro and connecting it inside the unit and only leaving a bit of cable with the lightning port outside of the unit…
Here is a YouTube video showing the process…
I actually went a step further and concealed the cable inside the lid…

1 Like

That’s what I thought. I have the latest software for the djay app, newest version of iOS on a 5th generation mini iPad so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work as everything I read and look at tells me it should work.
The guy I bought it off says it was working fine the last time he checked. Not that that really helps.
Fingers crossed the connector I have ordered is a genuine Apple product as described. If that doesn’t work then I will have to presume the Numark is faulty.
Is there a way of checking if the connector I buy is a genuine Apple product?
Thank you for the help as well.

I would say that it is a faulty adapter…I have three idj Pro controllers and they are all bullet proof.
I found it to work better with the earlier DJay 2 app, unfortunately it is no longer available in the App Store though.
I don’t know if there is anyway of checking other than the original packaging I guess, although they can easily be counterfeited in China as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.