iPad Pro / Hercules DJ / split audio

Hi all, I’m completely new to djaying but always wanted to try it. I saw a video about the Hercules controller and it seemed like an easy entry.
I’m having some issues with the split audio function and can’t seem to find any documentation or tutorials on it. Part of the problem I think is that the iPad Pro has no audio jack, so I’m using a usb-c to 3.5mm connection, but even so I’m having issues properly routing the audio.
Wondering if anyone else has had issues with this or similar setup. Also, any way of sending audio split to BT headphones and BT speakers? I remember seeing a video saying that was an option, but cannot figure out how to set it up
Your help is appreciated!

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have not personally used this controller before however, does it not connect to the iPad via USB?

If so, the headphones plugged directly into the controller

The Hercules controller connects to a phone or tablet via Bluetooth, and it has no ports aside from power. Very cool and portable tho.

My apologies. I have never used that controller before so someone else has to give this a shot

Hi @bluecow82,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting this question!

So I can further assist you can you please answer the following questions:

1. Could you please explain in greater the issue you are experiencing with split audio?

2. Are you using the provided split cable that came with your Hercules DJControl Mix?

3. Have you tried setting up the controller following the steps provided in the screenshot posted below?

Unfortunately, iOS is unable to route audio as you would be able to on macOS therefore you can not have proper split audio with both a Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth headphones.

I hope this information helps and have a great day!

Hi Jru -
Thank you for your message. I think I’m working thru the problem. After further troubleshooting, it appears my problem is a combination of things. Most importantly, I received a defective split cable with the Hercules. The headphones’ side needs to be wiggled and pulled out a few millimeters before it makes good contact and gives me sound. So between that and not having anything but a USB-C port on my iPad Pro, I started experiencing various other splitters, all of which were not splitting a stereo into 2 mono channels, but into 2 stereo channels, so DJay could not do it’s job properly. Now that I figured out the culprit, I ordered a Traktor split cable as recommended on your website, and hoping I’ll be up and running in no time. Everything else seems to work fine, I just need to learn how to program certain buttons to do certain effects and such.
Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Hi,
My problem is similar/the same: Hercules DJControl Mix, BT connection to iPad Pro. USB C adaptor to Hercules splitter cable, thence to Anker speaker, Anker headphones. No matter what I do to the cueing controls, the headphones only ever play the same as the speaker - even when I can see the headphone light switch back and forth as I slide the cross-fade. Do I need to buy a Traktor splitter, or is the problem actually linked to the USB C adapter? No sign online of a native USB C splitter either. Thanks! Greg

Are you on free or paid. Looks like it’s a paid feature

Hello, did you solve the problem with the traktor audio Split?

Thanks!

1 Like

Wondering if the Traktor cable fixed this problem? :smiling_face: