iPad Pro M4 real stereo output controllers

I recently started using djay on an iPad M4 and I have to say the neutral mixing is a nice leap forward! But I can’t que anything so now I’m looking for controller options that will allow precueing and true stereo output. Based on what I’m reading the audio output needs to be from the controller’s master out via RCA or 1/4" and not the iPads USB cable, so just trying to gain some community feedback.

An example is I own an XDJ-RX2 but when attached to the iPad via a USB cable, djay will only play out of the iPads speakers and not the XDJs master out, and forget about queuing.

The second bit is hoping to find something that does this that is usb powered (trying to create a “no outlet needed” mobile rig).

I looked at the Hercules djcontrol mix but from what I can tell it needs a y-splitter and you then get a mono main out.

Then you get into something like the Pioneer DDJ-FLX4 but imo there should be something in the market that is much smaller and cheaper but not even sure the flx fits the bill either way.

I googled the dingleberries out of this topic and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of specific info.

Could you guys share some thoughts and some of your rig setups like this and experience?

The Denon Prime Go is what you’re describing you may want to look at.
Natively supported by DJay and can be battery operated

1 Like

If the DJControl Mix is an option in terms of design, take a look at the Numark DJ2GO2. Very similar, but with a built-in sound card with headphone and main output. The aforementioned Denon DJ Prime Go is of course also possible, but this is a completely different device and price class.

edit - duplicated reply

Blockquote

Solid looking kit! Looks more fun than the DDJ-FLX4 too. At 1k USD a bit pricey but would probably worth it. Have you used one with djay?

The dj2go2 might work well thanks for the reply. I ordered this one, will post back results.

I personally use the Reloop Ready with an iPad Pro M4. It can run off the iPad battery, but I normally use a small power bank to keep the iPad charged while playing.

1 Like

Yes I have one and it works just about flawlessly with Dj and an iPad Air 5th Gen,
Very solidly built and I have it midi mapped to my exact liking, It has a ton of buttons and dials on it so the mapping possibilities are great.

I also have the Rane One and that works very good as well.
I have the Reloop Buddy and that works great but the build quality I find is no where in comparison with the other two, obviously price wise it’s in a different class to the other two.

2 Likes

Update: tried out the DJ2GO2 | Numark

Technically speaking it does what I was asking but unfortunately I kept getting some nasty pops from the audio. Tried a few different configurations and cables but didn’t help so I’m returning and ordered an FLX4.

Going to mark Chris’ answer as the solution since it fits the bill and the pops could be my configuration.

I was using a novation launchcontrolXl with an Xjam through a hub which was actually pretty neat for mapping additional controls and sample triggers. Solid too, no skips or pops but the audio was coming from the iPads USB.