iPadOS + Numark Omni Control = not detected

Hi all

Just subbed to the paid version of Djay on my iPad Pro 11”. Pulled out my working Omni Control (tested on PC with Traktor) and I cant seem to get the iPad app to pick it up. I am using the genuine apple USB C AV adaptor, plugging the unit in the correct order and nothing still.

The Algoriddim website says it’s compatible on iOS.

Device model 2018 iPad Pro 11" USB-C
Version of operating system iPadOS 17.4.1
Version of djay 5.1.6
Hardware/controllers used Numark Omni Control (stock image below)

1. Please share screenshots of your djay Settings>Audio Devices and Settings>MIDI Devices (attached)
  2. Is your iOS device connected to power via the Apple AV adapter and charging normally? Yes
  3. Have you tried a different USB cable between your AV adapter and the DJ controller? Yes

Would love to know why the app isn’t picking it up?

Hi @katz, when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup (not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”). This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks.

Device model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (Reloop Ready):

1. Please share screenshots of your djay Settings>Audio Devices and Settings>MIDI Devices
  2. Is your iOS device connected to power via the Apple AV adapter and charging normally?
  3. Have you tried a different USB cable between your AV adapter and the DJ controller?

I have updated the OP.

Thanks for the additional details @katz.

1. Please disconnect all cables and adapters from your iPad.
  2. Closed djay and all other apps.
  3. Perform a Forced Restart of your iPad (Force restart iPad - Apple Support (CA))
  4. After rebooting, launch only the djay app.
  5. Connect your genuine Apple AV adapter to the iPad.
  6. Connect your original iPad charging cable and charging brick to the AV adapter and confirm your iPad is charging.
  7. Connect a high quality USB-A to B cable between your AV adapter and DJ controller. Confirm that the controller buttons light up.
  8. Check the Audio Devices and MIDI Devices settings in djay to see if your controller is detected.

Still no luck. I’ve decided to turf it and get a plug and play one that you guys recommend (DDJ 200).

Thanks anyway! I tried every combination and 3 different cords.

You’re welcome @katz. Thanks for the update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.