Is iPad Mini 2 compatible with djay Pro 2?

Can ipad mini 2 compatible with djay pro 2?

Generally yes,
How old is the iPad mini?
If they are too old, some of the features like Neural Mix won’t work…

You need an iPad Mini Gen 5 or newer to work with Neural Mix in Djay Pro AI. The Mini 2 might work okay with the older Djay Pro 2 since it doesn’t have Neural Mix.

Im using an ipad mini 4 and it works fairly well. Like others have said though, no neural mix feature & waveforms tend to be a bit laggy. Also browsing usb drives is quite slow. So I must be honest & say I doubt an ipad mini 2 is gonna make the grade here.

1 Like

Hello @Zhask_Matzunaga ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Community.

Like @Slak_Jaw said, you will need an iPad Mini Gen 5 or later to work with djay Pro AI.

Also, along the lines of what @maurizio_T and @magrepairs pointed out, if you have a legacy version of djay in the “Purchased” section of your App Store account, you can download it from there directly on your iPad Mini. You’ll find the steps to do so here.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

@Cam_A - Is there any possibility of you being able to help us with an older legacy version if we only purchased the newer version now? I would love to try an older version on my mini4 & see if the performance is any better.

Hey @magrepairs,

Thanks for your question.

You could try an older version of djay (e.g. djay 2 or djay Pro) on your iPad if you had previously purchased it. That way, you could continue to use it on your iOS device as long as it is supported on your current device/iOS system.

However, these older apps are no longer available for new purchases on the App Store and are no longer being updated.

I hope you’ll find this information useful. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.