Is it possible to duplicate a Sample Pack?

Hi - does anyone know if it’s possible to easily duplicate a sample pack?

Hi @jack22,

Thanks for reaching out about this. I’ll assume you’re using the latest version of djay Pro AI on Mac (3.1.7) to answer your question. If you’re trying to duplicate a custom sample pack that you created, then there isn’t currently an easy way to duplicate the pack.

However, if you’re trying to duplicate one of the included Sample Packs to then modify it to fit your needs, this is fairly easy to do. Here are the steps:

1. Choose one of the included Sample Packs from the drop-down menu (in this case, Essentials):
  2. Then tap the pencial icon to edit the pack, tap the 3-dot icon to edit one of the samples, and choose any sample to replace the current one:
  3. You’ll then see the Sample Pack has been duplicated in the list, shown as the original name with “Edited” added (in this case, Essentials (Edited)). Now you can rename the pack anything you’d like and continue editing if you’d like.

If this isn’t quite what you were looking for, could you please share a little more about why and how you’d like to duplicate Sample Packs in djay?

Hi - Yup, I’d like to duplicate a custom sample pack. I like to use my own packs in Djay and would like to easily swap in/out different sounds and have them saved. So the ability to duplicate would be great…

I understand that this is not possible now - is it coming the near future?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for clarifying the functionality you’re looking for in djay.

I’ve added this request to our internal tracking system for our team to take into consideration for future developments. I’ve also moved this thread over to the Suggestions category in our Community so other users can up-vote the request and/or add additional comments. I’ll keep you updated when I have any news about developments of this functionality.

We appreciate your suggestions and support!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.