Is there a Djay Pro AI 3.2 for macOS coming soon...?

I’m just wondering if there will be another milestone software update soon… as my current software is at 3.1.9… does this mean the release of 3.2 is imminent…? And what new feature and improvements I wonder it will bring. It could all be wishful thinking on my behalf… but would be great to get some new energy back into my DJing software again… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On iOS, version 3.5 went up to 3.5.12 so I don’t think the version number is an indicator of big changes. Still, the moderators were hinting at a few interesting changes so I’m also excited for the next big version :star_struck:

3 Likes

Let’s hope soooo, would be a great surprise for 2022… :slight_smile:

If we do get a new version, let’s hope that some of the existing bugs / gripes / feature requests (that we’ve all voted for) get implemented before any new ‘gimmicky crap’ does….looking at you “wavy hands gestures”!! :grinning:
For starters give the 12.9 iPad Pros the same interface as the 13” Mac Air….
Better library controls in Midi ie. being able to select the queue via a button and not having to interact with the screen.
Second level library sorting.
Etc etc
:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’d upvote this 1000X. If I could move fully to an ipad pro, i’d move fully over from Traktor!

Yes, please. I’d love to see intelligent and fast keyboard shortcuts for working with the library, queue and automix. No mousing around and no pretzel finger shortcuts. I have ended up using Serato for my last 6 gigs because the Library/Prepare Crate keyboard commands are simple and direct, I don’t have to take my hands off the keyboard. It makes my job easier.

Also, please fix the automix/queue - where it’s duplicating and/or loading songs in the wrong order (why does this work find in iOS but not MacOS?). It’s annoying to have to the “baby” the automix/queue whenever it breaks.

I like the idea of paying a yearly subscription, but it’s with the promise that these issues will be addressed sooner rather than never.

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Wisniewski, Thanks for sharing your additional feedback here!

Regarding keyboard shortcuts, could you please share specifically which keyboard shortcuts you’d like to see added to the default set that would make your workflow easier in djay? In addition, you can always create a new set or edit the existing default keyboard shortcut set in djay’s Preferences > Shortcuts to fit your needs.

You’ve mentioned that with Automix, the songs get duplicated or loaded in the wrong order. Have you already reported this to our team, or is there an existing Community topic about this already (I couldn’t locate anything with a search)? If this is happening, it sounds like a bug and I’d like to get more information about this so we can take a closer look.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply Emily.

which keyboard shortcuts you’d like to see added to the default set that would make your workflow easier in djay?

My goal is to be able to browse the Library easily with one-hand. These mappings try to place “Library” shortcuts close together on the keyboard.

1. First I’d like to re-map the ← → keys, with ← mapped to “Focus on Playlists” and → mapped to “Focus on Tracks”; the same way they visually appear on screen. So with one-hand I can browse playlists and tracks just using the ← ↑ ↓ → keys. (Unfortunately, the → key in MacOS won’t work with “Focus on Tracks” and I’m not sure why.)

2. The Return key which toggles the “Expand Library” view is nearby, so that Library function is within reach of the same hand.

3. “Add/Remove Selected Tracks (to Queue)” mapped to \ | key above Return key. Useful for one-handed operation (vs. CMD+Return and CMD+Backspace).

4. “Preview Selected Track” mapped to the /? key. The /? mapping makes a lot of since since it’s right next to the “Forward/Back Preview” < > keys. Also it’s not that weird CMD+ALT+6 mapping for Previewing a Track.

Note: Another option would be to use the Tab key to cycle through the Playlists, Tracks and Queue, like in Serato. Unfortunately the Tab key in djay Pro cycles through some places that doesn’t even register on the screen, so it’s not very reliable.

Other functions that would be useful:

• “Focus on Queue” and “Focus on Automix” functions. Right now you have to mouse over to get to the Queue and Automix panes.
  • “Add to Queue and Play Next” - for impromptu requests.
  • “Move Track Up/Down” - re-arrange the queue on the fly.

You’ve mentioned that with Automix, the songs get duplicated or loaded in the wrong order. Have you already reported this to our team, or is there an existing Community topic about this already (I couldn’t locate anything with a search)? If this is happening, it sounds like a bug and I’d like to get more information about this so we can take a closer look.

Yes, but I’ll have to try to re-create it properly to understand why/how it works this way in the MacOS version. BTW, the iOS version works fine/great.

Hi Emily - I posted my suggested keyboard shortcuts in another thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.