Is there a Force BPM Scan of Legacy Playlists ?

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model: MacPro 12 Core (Mid 2010) Hackintosh
  • Version of operating system: macOS Monterey 12.7.3
  • Version of djay: 5.1.2
  • Hardware/controllers used: Pioneer DDJ1000

Your question:

Recently I changed the parameter of my BPM analysis to 128-255… which is great as all Drum ‘n’ Bass tracks in their full BPM range similar to what I’m used to with Techno music. But older playlists still display speeds like for example 70bpm and 80bpm… I have rescanned these playlists and they just remain the same… they don’t change even though I have changed the analysis parameters.

My question is… is there a way to Force Scan a playlists so it display BPMs to the current BPM Analysis Range…? or are they always stuck at their original scan range…?

Please advise… :slight_smile:

Regards,
Anthony

Great question @CreativeAnto. Unfortunately, I don’t know the answer to this one, but I’ll share your question with the engineering team to see if they have any suggestions.

1 Like

Hi @CreativeAnto,

1. If you delete the Track analysis data folder this remove any existing analysis for your entire djay library.
  2. I recommend doing a full system Time Machine backup first though.
  3. I would also consider backing up the track analysis data folder to a different location just to be safe (external drive).
  4. I recommend backing up your djaymedialibrary database file as well.
  5. You can find both of these in the linked article: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912211-Where-does-djay-Pro-store-playlists-cue-points-and-other-data-on-my-Mac

Hey @Slak_Jaw … oooffffffppppp… there’s no way I’m deleting my entire track analysis for my DJPRO library for only a handful of existing Drum ‘n’ Bass playlists… as that would be crazy… I have 1,000s of playlists… it’s only that I recently got into Hardcore and Drum ‘n’ Bass and I noticed this BPM issue for the very first time… but thank you for letting me know.

You’re welcome @CreativeAnto. Yeah, in that case it will probably be quicker to correct the BPMs for the new music individually.

1 Like

Hello again @Slak_Jaw , what is the ideal BPM Range setting to get the most accurate BPM Results when analysing tracks in all different types of dance music genres…?

Should I just leave it at “None”… ? as playing around with all these different ranges, is really getting me all very mixed results.

@CreativeAnto personally, I don’t normally set BPM ranges when analyzing my DJ collection. I play mostly various types of House music though so I rarely run into the half/double BPM issue. However, I will sometimes adjust those ranges when I’m adding a bunch of downtempo or D&B tracks to my collection. Otherwise, I simply correct them one at a time when I’m setting my Hot Cue.

1 Like

Cheers for the reply @Slak_Jaw Yeeaahhh… I was the same until recently I revisited classic oldskool Hardcore and Drum ‘n’ Bass labels from my youth and wanted to start playing around with some of the music and that’s when I started to get all CONFUSED with the BPMs… lol… I’m 56 now… CONFUSION is something I regularly suffer from… lol!!! lol… thanks again… :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend… :slight_smile:

Anthony

You’re welcome @CreativeAnto. Thanks. Have a great weekend as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.