Is there plans to bring the new neural mix engine to DJay pro on Mac

Great answer

Since the Looper feature (added to the iPad app over a year ago) hasn’t made it to the macOS yet, I’m guessing the same will be for the Neuralizer. The CEO in a live interview with Digital DJ Tips admitted that the iPad platform is easier to implement new features than other platforms.

It also happens to be the only version that requires a subscription. So why implement a feature into a platform that you already own, and most likely people would gripe about having to pay another $50 for an upgrade? That’s exactly what happened when 2.0 was released, and it didn’t have near the features the iPad version has.

Not sure about anyone else, but when AI came out, Ali could think of wasn’t “dang it, why not for Mac”. More along the lines of “I need to sell my iPad for a 12” iPad Pro.”

Virtual DJ 2021 have come out with with basically the same feature in the macOS /Windows 10 software.

Let’s look at the specs required & evaluate on that basis that think it’s possible to bring this feature to macOS. But the spec requirements needed I just don’t think it will.

They’ll have to develop the software basically maybe put in resources for doing a free update for djay pro 2 on macOS.

But if you follow Apple you’ll know that as of 2021 all Macbooks & iMacs will be moving away from using intel chips so they can included the A series cpu that are in iPads & iPhones.

So why spend money on either updating djay pro 2 for macOS or even putting this in let’s says djay pro 3 software.

When in reality they’ll be porting across the Subscription version of djay for iOS to macOS once these new iMacs & macbooks start shipping with the Apple silica chips inside.

Mac OSX Virtual DJ 2021

Supported Operating systems

OS X v.10.10 (Yosemite)

OS X v.10.11 (El Capitan)

OS X v.10.12 (Sierra)

OS X v.10.13 (High Sierra)

OS X v.10.14 (Mojave)

OS X v.10.15 (Catalina)

Recommended Hardware requirements

Intel® i5TM or better

Mac OS X v10.14

Multi-channel soundcard

4 GB RAM

200MB free on the hard drive

Additional requirements for stems isolation

AMD® video card

————————-

Recommended Hardware requirements for Virtual DJ 2021 on Windows 10

Intel® i5TM or better

Windows 10

Multi-channel soundcard

4 GB RAM

200MB free on the hard drive

Additional requirements for stems isolation

Windows 10 64-bit

NVIDIA® video card (9xx or above)

I would guess that since Algoriddim say they have taken advantage of the A12Z Bionic chip in iPads to do this rather than the intel ones currently in Mac, we’ll just have to wait for the 1st Macs to be produced with Apple silicone.  Now that it’s been announced that this process is a 2 year transition and the 1st ones will be coming out in Q4 2020 and later I don’t think we’ll have to wait too long for this feature, bring on the looping feature to go with it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there eventually (and not too far away) becomes 1 app across macOS, iOS & iPadOS with 1 subscription and syncing across all platforms…

1 Like