Issue Crossfader FX on External Mixer

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (2018 iPadPro):
  • Version of operating system (17.5.1 iOS):
  • Version of djay ( 5.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (Xone96):

Summary of the issue:
Crossfader FX works as should be as standalone mode, but once I have connect to external mixer and CFX mode is on FX is already active on deck A before I start transition to deck B. Another word, for example if I select drum cut, on active deck A you hear just drum, before move the fader to B. Understandable?

Hi @DJ-Z, thanks for the details. Can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

sure, here is the link for youtube channel.

Thanks for the video @DJ-Z. I don’t have access to an external mixer to test myself so I’ve sent this to engineering for review.

1 Like

Update: I have been tested with an iMac 5K 2019, iPhone 14 Pro, but I have facing the same issue.

Hi @DJ-Z, can you please check if your MIDI channel is set to Channel 1? To change the MIDI channel see the manual, page 28

You need to power down the mixer, hold down the MIDI 1 and MIDI two buttons on the upper right of the plate. The CUE and HPF buttons should be blinking. You should press the leftmost CUE button (Channel A). The LEDs should do a little animation to confirm the change.

Having said that, the dev team has informed me that they will fix this in the djay 5.2.1 release so that every MIDI channel works. Thanks!

I have this doc. Previously I have reseted all. All channels are working as should be.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.