Issues with Clean & Explicit version of same song from Apple Music

I’m using IPad 7 Gen
iPadOS 17.5.1
Djay version 5.2.1

When I use an Apple Music playlist I can have the explicit and clean versions of the exact same song in the same playlist with no issue. However when I add the 2 versions of the song from Apple Music to my Djay library or playlist it has lots of issues.

1. Sometimes only one version of the song will show up
  2. If both of them show up and you load either one they’ll both end up playing the clean version
  3. The only time it works is when the explicit and clean version have any big differences (Title of the song, Length of song, Cover art, Extra bars in the song)

This picture shows my djay library when I add the ENTIRE Apple Music playlist to it. Almost every song shown in the picture has Both the Explicit and Clean versions but only shows one

I get this issue whenever I add the clean AND explicit versions of the same song from Apple Music into my djay library

Hi @SPEAKERBOX, thanks for the details about your setup, the issue you’re experiencing and the screenshot. This is very helpful. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue and offer any suggestions. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

Hi @SPEAKERBOX, I spoke with engineering and unfortunately this is currently a limitation of Apple Music due to the way they handle Title IDs.