Issue's with Pre-Cueing

I run a multi-op DJ company and after recently updating the App. My staff is having some issues with pre-cueing. We utilize an Ipad with the latest software and a simple Native Instruments Traktor DJ Cable for iPad to allow sound to go through our speakers and the unused deck through our headphones. After the latest update. The software is not recognizing the Traktor cable and just thinks we have headphones plugged in. Because of this, we aren’t able to pre-cue and the “hidden” deck is playing over the speakers.

Anyone else have a similar issue/ fix?

Have you checked if Split Output is enabled in the settings?

Yes I have, re-downloaded the app, updated IOS. Still no luck!

Hey @Jordan_Sweet - Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your first post.

Sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this issue. I know how crucial it is to be able to hear the incoming track when mixing!

We’d like to try to reproduce the issue on our end. Once we do, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible with any further updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions in the meantime!

Hey @Jordan_Sweet - Thanks for your patience.

I’ve tried to reproduce the issue but was unable to. When I plugged the TRAKTOR splitter cable into the iOS adapter, a pop-up window asked if I was using “Headphones” or an “Other Device.”

I selected “Other Device,” and the Pre-Cueing and Main Out controls in djay pro AI worked as expected.

It is possible that in your case when the pop-up window appeared, “Headphones” was selected and has since stayed in that mode.

As far as I’m aware, there isn’t an option to revert this once selected. I’ve tried to do the reverse here on my end.

Unfortunately, you may need to contact Apple Support for this situation to ask them about how to switch from “Headphone Mode” to “Other Device Mode” using the cable splitter with a lightning or USB-C adapter to your iPad.

I hope this information helps, and I apologize for the inconvenience! Please let us know if you have any further questions, and have a great rest of your day.

Yes, crucial is the exact word I would use but seems everyone has trouble with precuing in the djay app.

Is there not a way to clear app cache and data on iOS via the settings?

Doing this would mean that the app would ask the audio output question again and the correct output could be selected.

Other than that, I would uninstall the djay app and then use a file manager to look for any folders related to the djay app that didn’t get deleted when the app was unistalled.