Jog wheel not working as expected

I’m using a Reloop Buddy, and this just happened suddenly with my right jog wheel. I cant figure out what is causing this issue. When a song is playing and I’m trying to adjust it to line up with the other song, i nudge the side of the jog wheel to move forward or back and it doesn’t do anything. BUT, when the song is paused, the jog wheel works normally. Does anyone know how to fix this??? Thanks!!

Hi @huydtbd69,

Thanks for sharing this unexpected behavior from your Buddy!

So that I can better assist you could you please answer the following questions:

1. What iOS device are you using?
  2. What version of iOS is running on said device?
  3. What version of djay are you using?
  4. Did you create a custom MIDI mapping for this controller prior to this issue happening?
  5. Are you noticing any other components of your Buddy behaving in an unexpected manner?
  6. Are there any additional pieces of info you might be able to share about this?

Thanks so much!

I am having the same issue.
Ipad Pro M2, 13 inch. iOS 17.
Most updated DJ Pro AI. No custom midi on the job wheel, only on other keys. Everything is the same.
My hardware is the Inpulse 500 though.

Hi @cpearson32, most likely you have accidentally switched the jog wheel from Vinyl to CDJ mode or vice versa. A quick read through your user manual should provide more details:

No, that’s the not the case. I can switch to vinyl and back and it’s doesn’t work.

I can change the plate controller from scratch to pitch bend in the midi and regardless of what it’s set to it just slows the tempo/pitch if I spin back and speeds the tempo/pitch if I spin forwards. HOWEVER, if it’s paused, it works as normal.

Hi @cpearson32, thanks for the additional info.

1. Disconnect all cables and adapters from your iPad and DJ controller.
  2. Close djay.
  3. Perform a Forced Restart of your iPad.
  4. After restarting, connect your powered USB-C hub to your iPad and confirm there is a blue peripheral icon in the top right of your iPad screen.
  5. Connect your original Apple charger and cable to the USB-C hub and confirm that your iPad is charging.
  6. Connect your DJ controller to the USB hub using a high-quality USB cable (ideally the one that came with your controller or one with dual ferrites on either end).
  7. Confirm that your DJ controller powers up.
  8. Launch djay.
  9. Open the djay Settings>MIDI Devices and confirm that your controller is shown under MIDI DEVICES.
  10. Open the MIDI Learn tool and ensure that you are using the MIDI Mapping marked with (built-in) at the end of the name.

I found the issue - my RCA/amplifier connection isn’t grounded and it’s interfering with the jog wheels touch capacitors.

Great. Thanks for the update @cpearson32. Glad you were able to sort it out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.