Laidback Luke switches from Denon to djay Pro AI

@Mister_Tuur yes, he’s definitely made an agreement with Reloop.

Mixtour popping up again. Definitely a backpack-proof setup. :wink:

DJAY & Mixtour walkthrough…

1 Like

He also posted a video recently, on Instagram I think, using the Reloop Mixon 8 Pro at home. I love seeing this stuff!

2 Likes

A quick question about the video: Where is the setting for the crossfader described at 6’45 min (crossfader on/off)?

@Chris_R go to Settings>MIDI Devices>SCRATCH SETTINGS and turn Crossfader Cutting Mode ON.

Sometimes it’s that simple… Thank you!

1 Like

No problem. You’re welcome!

LOL

Nice automation going on there…

What I noticed here again has less to do with the setup: When did it start that people dared to call a track with a length of 3’33 an “extended mix”? That used to be the standard for the Airplay version, for the club there were few tracks with a playing time of less than 5’00, usually it was more. Sure, it’s mainly to do with streaming (shorter tracks = more plays = higher revenue), but for me as a DJ it takes some of the fun out of it.

And one more question: At 13’40 it is pointed out that four decks are available with this mobile setup. The controller is for two decks, the others would then have to be used directly via the smartphone - or do you see another solution?

Otherwise a nice video, which I’m sure not everyone will like, but still shows that expensive equipment alone doesn’t make a good DJ. In the end, it’s the result that counts. And if we’re honest, the “craft of DJing” has long since ceased to be appreciated by the audience.

2 Likes

@Chris_R it’s true that the Mixtour can’t control 4 decks with the default mapping, but you could probably custom MIDI Map some Deck 3 & 4 controls to a Shift Layer.

I’ve been getting more and more comfortable using djay Pro with my iPad. I don’t think I could get used to using it on my phone all of the time. It is nice to know that the phone can be use as a back up device.

Agreed, way too small of a screen on the iPhone

More from Laidback Luke:

1 Like

Interesting. Djay pro AI staff sort of confirming Wednesday official release of 5.0 :point_up:

That was probably the most interesting information in the video. I’m curious to see what awaits us …

In one of the videos, Luke talks about streaming some of his songs from the iCloud. Does this actually work? Previously, when I integrated iCloud folders into Djay Pro, the songs stored there were downloaded immediately. But that’s exactly what I don’t want. Is there a way to do this?

Nice set by Laidback Luke
using djay Pro iOS, Reloop MIXTOUR and RMX-95 mixer

2 Likes

Not Luke, but I thought this one was cool too…

2 Likes

Yes I like that mix too. It also made me think …

Algoriddim has to move the Crossfader FX toggle / Mix Now - out of that sub-menu!!! It really messes up the clean lines of the interface. Look at 2:25 min when he starts to menu dive - while he’s in the middle of mixing/scratching!!! Everything looked cool until that point. Then it looks so awkward. I can’t unsee it now. Every time he pops open the menu I feel a little twinge of … ack, WTF was that?!? It could be my imagination, but he also starts to look annoyed when had to keep popping open the menu.